Getting started again

JPattyD
JPattyD Posts: 3 Member
I've lost 40kg from my heaviest, without tracking, but have been sitting on my current weight (120kg, 190cm tall male) for a year now and lately it has started creeping up on me. So I'm going back to counting everything and proper meal planning, portioning of my food.

Was plugging in my plan for today and noticed I'm going to struggle to get my net kilojoules to even get to zero today.

I've got my goal set to 7990kj a day via the "lose a kg a week" setting. Yesterday whinged at me because I didn't even make 5000kj until I had an icecream. Today my exercise apparently takes off over 6000kj (hour of Pilates and two hours of tennis).

I'll get back over zero thanks to a muffin I didn't resist earlier, my net will be somewhere around 1000kj for the day.

Am I supposed to make it negative? Should my food additions equal the goal? Should I not worry about it if I'm under goal on net values and not hungry/suffering ill effects?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Hi:
    welcome back to MFP
    suggestions: do not eat all your calories back. It might be you (or MFP) are overestimating the calories burned in your activities.
    I am not used to Kilojoule metrics.
    I tried converting your given number: 6000 kilojoules into calories but the calculator gives me an extremely high number of calories. Check your 6000 kilojoules expenditure. It looks suspect to me.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • JPattyD
    JPattyD Posts: 3 Member
    I think you need to divide the result you got by 1000. Had the same issue with calculators. It is around 1400 calories.

I just went with the values that MFP gave me for the activities. Not sure how I could check the values. Maybe I need to get a fitbit. The value for my hour of Pilates would likely be out because the exercises I do there vary far too much for an average. No idea about the tennis, I'm a very active player and do a lot of running. Yesterday I had 3 hours of fairly intense exercise, I could barely walk by the time I got home and dragged myself through the shower. What it equaled I don't know.

Aiming for getting under the 7990kj seems like a good target and I think I'll basically ignore the subtractions from exercise... The only way I get over the 7990kj from eating is if I have some unhealthy snacks. I had 3000kj yesterday from a muffin and an iced coffee when I was visiting with family. I need to cut that out if I want to start losing weight again.