From fluffy to 100 mile trail runner!! So happy! So grateful!!

Options
Hi all!! So I finished my first 100 mile trail race a couple of weeks ago. This was huge for me as I've lost over 130 lbs to reach this point. Running 100 miles has been my ultimate goal in this entire process back to health. It was a very surreal and amazing experience. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and I don't feel like I'm done yet. Here's the link to my race report.

http://runfoorun.blogspot.com/2015/06/san-diego-100-endurance-run-race-report.html

o7s9n9rur8sz.jpg
Photo Credit: Jeff Allen

Replies

• amycuz14
    amycuz14 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! Congratulations!!! I was ecstatic when I managed 10k, 100 miles is awe inspiring!
  • Kathy379
    Kathy379 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What a great, inspiring story. Love the photo.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats what a great achievement
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone :))
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    congratulations! i LOVE LOVE LOVE running, but i don't know if my body would love running 100 miles. lol. (i'm already in physical therapy) I'm glad yours does!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Loved the blog! And wow...you did it. Impressive!
  • runfoorun
    Options
    Thank you @omma_to_3. I never thought my body would hold up for 30+ hrs of running either @68myra but there's something about running ultras that seems to actually be easier on the body than typical road runs. For me anyway
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love it, I loved your blog! Way to Go!! :)
  • eva_svi
    eva_svi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm set to run my first ultra trail next month ("only" 66 km though so less than half of your race) and let me admit I'm scared :sweat_smile: it sure helps to hear other people did run that and more and enjoyed the experience!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • Fabu_lass
    Fabu_lass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome post (i read your blog), really inspirational, for me to get back to do another 10k, loving the pics as well. Well done and keep on running :p
  • namarc0
    namarc0 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Great blog! Great story! Congratulations on the mounds of success you've heaped on!☺️
  • runfoorun
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks guys :)@eva_svi good luck on your first ultra! You'll have lots of fun, and even if you don't it'll still be a great experience.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't wrap my head around how people can run 100 miles! So much respect!
  • runfoorun
    Options
    Thank you @sistrsprkl, I honestly can't really wrap my head around it either. I look back on it and the experience doesn't really feel real, if that makes any sense.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Amazing !
  • pznatti
    pznatti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That is fantastic! Congratulations on such a huge accomplishment!
  • runfoorun
    Options
    Thank you! :)