Hi everyone, any other vegans out there?!

Options
Hey! My name's Annie and I'm in Sussex. Just wondered if there were any other vegans on the forum? Not necessarily in Sussex but anywhere! When I first went vegan I lost loads of weight now I've put it all back on :( Be good to touch base. If you're not vegan come say hi anyway ( as long as it's not just to be rude about vegans! ), I really like this app so far and I'm hoping it will help me out with planning as I'm rubbish at being organised!
Anyway, whether you say hello or not, good luck with your journey!

Replies

• MB_Val
    MB_Val Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm also vegan, switched 3 months ago!
  • Slinkymoomoo
    Slinkymoomoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Annie. I'm vegan. From Northamptonshire, UK. I have been vegan for about 25 years. People think vegans should be skinny - but when you think of it, some of the most fattening foods are actually so vegan friendly!

Feel free to add me - I have sent you a friend request.
  • amyaronson
    amyaronson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been vegan for over 7 years! Add me!
  • RobertDupuy
    RobertDupuy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian. Although I don't have eggs, milk or fish... I still have some yogurt, so I am not vegan. I also gave up products with flour. I initially also lost a lot of weight, but stopped losing any for six months. Now I lose again, because I am on a diet :smile:
  • linny17
    linny17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I was veggie for the best part of 30 years, went vegan and put on loads of weight, 20 k, s in what is now 4 years had a career change as well, so its not all about the food. Irrespective of the weight gain, which I hate, I will never go back to being veggie. Vegan for life.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm Vegan since Oct '14...
  • Warriorwoman9764
    Warriorwoman9764 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Thanks for the responses guys! Great news to hear from you all! It can be a lonely world being vegan sometimes, let alone vegan AND over weight! What are you all eating to lose weight? I was hoping to juice for a few weeks but it's difficult. I live in a studio flat and have to get up for work at half 5 every morning so can't do it fresh at that time, and I work until 4:15 with only one break of 30 mins around 1 o clock so if I make it the night before ( can't really do it any later than 9:30pm) by the time I get to drink it the next day it's not so good