Lower Belly Issues

Options
so im still losing body fat, and my lower belly is starting to disappear. but i was wondering, theres still at least a good half inch of fat that i would like to lose, what kinds of workouts to do to help lose more body fat. i do mainly full body workouts and eat decently healthy on a daily basis. if theres any workouts that you know of to help blast the fat away id love to know as well. also, theres a werd shadow underneath my little roll and it makes it appear bigger, so if theres any way to help that id like to know, unless it goes away with the fat. thanks!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You know you can't spot reduce

You just have to keep reducing body fat until the fat goes

Through food

If you're asking what are the best exercises for your musculature for once the fat is gone then compound lifts ...progressively heavier...see Strong Curves or New Rules of Lifting for Women
  • Kathy379
    Kathy379 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Lift weights for overall fat loss, and that will include the lower belly
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot-burn body fat. Eat a healthy diet, at a moderate calorie deficit, and exercise hard and with intensity. If you're looking for some simple workouts to reduce body fat, HIIT cardio is where it's at. A really simple, but not easy, workout is simply doing sprint intervals. Go as hard as you can for 10-20 seconds, take a 2-3 minute break to recover, and then hit it again. Do that for 4-6 sets and you'll be wiped out. Add on resistance training to that and you'll be on your way.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    With only 1 pound to go, there probably isn't as much fat as you think. Strength train.
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    May I also remind people that if you've lost a lot of weight like I have, you'll be plagued with excess skin in these areas that will never go away completely unless you have surgery or whatever. Sucks, but thats the pirce we pay for being fat in the first place. :(
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    s2mikey wrote: »
    May I also remind people that if you've lost a lot of weight like I have, you'll be plagued with excess skin in these areas that will never go away completely unless you have surgery or whatever. Sucks, but thats the pirce we pay for being fat in the first place. :(

that's dependent on genetic lottery, age, rate of loss, how long you were overweight and other factors (like time) .. but mainly genetics
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    s2mikey wrote: »

I have loose skin, but it doesn't prevent me from having a flat stomach. When the fat is gone it is very obvious what is left is just skin, so it sounds like the OP still has fat to lose.