Eating problems...

Options
This year, like the whole year so far, I've been having eating problems.
I've gained 7-9lbs (fluctuating), so not as much as you'd think.
But I just keep going back to unhealthy eating and when I don't eat healthy, I don't exercise...
Has anyone got any advice, I live at home still with my mother and sisters and they cause me a lot of stress and the majority of the time I'm bored.
It's hard because I've lost 70+lbs and I feel like crap.

And also, I did have a eating disorder: binge eating disorder.
But it seems like I still obviously have got it!

Replies

• elcollins24
    elcollins24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I found that boredom was a huge problem for me. If i'm bored all i can think about is food...even when i'm not hungry. So try and keep busy - maybe take a new hobby or job? Just something to keep busy. Its easier said than done but still!
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Eating disorders are complicated. Have you talked to your doctor about it? Thankfully there are now a number of resources and treatment options and recovery is possible. Talk to your doctor about your options and have them refer you to professional help. There are also a lot of support groups which you may want to look into.

If you don't feel ready to reach out for help have a look into IIFYM and flexible dieting, there's a ton of information on the internet. This way of eating may help you regain some control as it removes the restrictions a lot of diet protocols impose which can be huge triggers for people with eating disorders. Good luck :)
  • OpaTula
    OpaTula Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too am struggling with B.E.D.
    I notice if im not busy I dip into all the junk food.
    If I sit and watch t.v. then I'm in trouble.
    T.v. is such a big part of every day life especially in the evening when you want to relax.

I keep busy with
    reading going books (this is good relaxing at bed time)
    pyrography (wood burning art)
    cleaning(I really have to push myself with this but once you start you'll always find more that could use straightening up).

It all depends on your interests.
    Also calling people with the same disorder can be a big help.

I am struggling right now.

Ironmaiden4life has a really good plan/ advice.
    I'm actually going to my doctor today to talk to him about my disorder.
    Good luck.
  • Pop_claire
    Pop_claire Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I tend to feel the urge at night time, which is annoying but I've got to Find the motivation from somewhere and kick my own butt!