Help! I don't want to be fat and 50!!

Options
I will be 50 in August. I would love to lose 56lbs, to get down to a healthy but still cuddly 140lbs. That's 10 stone. I live in Northamptonshire, England - so some UK based friends would be great.

I did lose 2 stone (28 lbs) on here two years ago, but put it all back on plus an extra 7 lbs. I also ended up with iron deficiency anaemia due to eating too unrealistically low calories most of the time (yes the famous 1200 calories), while also exercising. So this time I am sticking to a minimum of 1500 calories and being kinder to myself.

I am not a gym bunny, so my main exercise will be Pilates, yoga and a teeny bit of running, once I can get over my embarrassment of running outside.... If I can run 5k by my birthday, I will be exceptionally proud of myself :) I also practice mindfulness, and I am hoping this will help me focus better on my weight loss intentions.

I have been a vegan for around 25 years. Believe it or not, there is plenty of vegan food out there that can make you fat.

So I would love some MFP friends who are around 50 Fierce and Fabulous .... anyone out there?

Replies

• PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm not 50 just yet but I won't back away from helping you reach your goal.
  • mrmrsmerkel53
    mrmrsmerkel53 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Slinky. I am 50 and I think it is great you are watching you're nutrition. I am currently studying to be an herbalist. It is sooo interesting. My goal is to loose 35-40 lbs
    my job requires me to work 7 days straight with 2 days off (exhausting). Motivation is what I really need.

I would love to keep u motivated for u & for me. I live in Minnesota USA.

Herbs really help to increase energy & sleep better. I hope we can be friends
    Michelle