Constant struggle with food!

Options
I'm new to the whole "healthy eating" I like healthy food and it feels good not stuffing my face with junk that makes me feel low about myself. Although my boyfriend is no help, he still eats chocolate, takeaway, hot chips ect.... Temps me, tortures me and worst of all offers me!
I still refuse and I am quite surprised that I have not given in yet!
I feel like I need support and advice from someone, so if you have any helpful tips for me in how to get through this l, please don't hesitate.

Replies

• Ri55
    Ri55 Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Same !! my entire family eats all those "unhealthy things" infront of me but I somehow manage to refuse( And then I feel really proud LOl :D ) its basically ur own will power and determination that will help you in saying NO to JUNK.

DO NOT GIVE UP! :)
  • odelortega1989
    odelortega1989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't give up continue to eat right, and try to talk to him, he should be mindful of your attempt to live a healthier life style. It is all about having consideration for your loved ones.
  • ConstantStruggle
    ConstantStruggle Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just stay strong! It's hard but u hv to just turn that switch on in ur head and keep it on. If u put ur mind to it and work hard u can do ANYTHING!! That's what I tell my kids so I'm trying to live it. Honostly...it is not easy but we can do it!
    Tell ur boyfriend to just be nice and respect ur decisions. Maybe he's afraid if u lose the weight u want to u will leave him so he trying to sabatage ur efferts. Just sayin....boys can be like that :o
    Good Luck!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Learn how weight loss works and take repsonsibility for your journey. If you wnat to lose the weight then you have to be at a consistent deficit so make choices that help rather than hinder. Don tely on your bf hes responsible for his body not yours. Learning about nutrition and portion control also helps it make more sense about what you should eat, how much and why.

You dont have much to lose, so focus on the reasons why you wnat to get to your traget and all the advantages. Remind yourself about these.
  • Fitfornowt
    Fitfornowt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    There will be always be days when your resolve is not so strong (try to avoid alcohol, as this will strip you of all the resolve you have!)
    What I found helpful was to write down exactly why my weight loss is so important to me - and then read it anytime I face a situation where I am on the verge of giving up (and possibly bingeing!)
    And ask the boyfriend to be more considerate!!
    Good luck :-)
  • demismith48
    demismith48 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks heaps! My first post and it has made my day to see that people will always help! Thank you again
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Dont forget losing weight is about deficit
    Eating healthily is about nutrition. This can complement ad assist your ability to stick with a deficit, but by itself will not result in weight loss, unless you are at deficit.

If hes offering and making a nusicance of himself , then ask him not to as you wnat to lose your weight and you would think he would wnat soemthing that will make you happier. If he continues to be an obstacle then make your own mind up.