Ninja Professional Blender

Options
I recently bought the ninja, and I do not think im impressed with the resuts when making my shakes :frown:

I wanted know if there were in MFP members that used this blender. I don't think it was worth the money, am I doing something wrong? There are many customers that love it:love:

Is there anyone else who feels the same?

Replies

• cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm shopping for a new blender, good to know!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    When they first came out, they were awesome. They have since lacked on quality, using a less poweful motor. Your not the only one that has complained about this. I use a Hamilton Beach Single serve blender, it works great for smoothies and shakes. It doubles as a travel tumber. Just unlock from base and you are good to go!
  • zumba66girl
    zumba66girl Posts: 136
    Options
    I am not impressed with it either.....Lost almost a couple fingers to it those blades are sharp but didn't do anything better than my blender!!! Please be careful using it!!!!:sad:
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    They are expensive, but spend your money on a vitamix blender. My sis did because she makes green smoothis, and that is the one good part about her still living here! lol. They really are amazing
  • Robinludell
    Robinludell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use mine daily to make my shakes...it works ok, but I got it as a gift, can't complain. Do find my self having to pluse it to get things finely choped.
  • MADI150
    MADI150 Posts: 54
    Options
    They are expensive, but spend your money on a vitamix blender. My sis did because she makes green smoothis, and that is the one good part about her still living here! lol. They really are amazing

I was thinking about the vitamix, but i wouldn't use it to its potential, may be a waste for me. But i really want it
  • MADI150
    Options
    Verdict :noway:

Your Money can be spent on a better product:noway:

I think I'm going back to my Kitchen Aid or Bullet or just something else...now I have to do my research

I'm going to post ...Looking for a good Blender:smile:
  • MADI150
    Options
    I am not impressed with it either.....Lost almost a couple fingers to it those blades are sharp but didn't do anything better than my blender!!! Please be careful using it!!!!:sad:

those blades are sharp for nothing:huh:
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love my vita mix, it has more power than my garbage disposal!

If you want to make you own veggie drinks, it's worth it for that alone. You control what goes in it. The green smoothie is awesome!! DH doesn't taste the spinach at all, and he hates spinach.

There are a some great low cal sauces in there too. I love the low cal Alfredo I can make with it.
  • Ajaay
    Ajaay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love my vitamix. I don't use it to its potential either, but its fabulous when I do.
  • daisylovespink
    daisylovespink Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love mine, I do notice that sometimes I have to watch how much ice I put in.
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think the ninja is awesome! I also have a vitamix...(both were given as gifts) but i love them both and think they do a great job at smoothie making! However, i thoroughly enjoy the fact that i can take the blade off the ninja to get it clean...the germs/bacteria that can build up in the crevices freak me out...:ohwell:
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I love my Vitamix too! I use it everyday (mostly on green smoothies.) It's paid for itself in smoothie making alone but also because I won't have to ever buy another blender. I'm a small appliance killer so when we find something that can stand up to me we go with it!
  • MADI150
    Options
    My drinks come out creamy or foamy( varies on ice) by the time my drink is blended well...smh

maybe its good for frozen drinks like pina coladas I dont want completely dismiss the ninja, it may have good purpose for other drinks , just not the drinks iImake:wink:
  • MADI150
    Options
    I think the ninja is awesome! I also have a vitamix...(both were given as gifts) but i love them both and think they do a great job at smoothie making! However, i thoroughly enjoy the fact that i can take the blade off the ninja to get it clean...the germs/bacteria that can build up in the crevices freak me out...:ohwell:

I would have to agree, thats the best feature
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    The Vitamix blade assembly is pretty well sealed but you can get a wrench from them to tighten it or take it apart to clean it.
  • skyblue19912001
    Options
    I love mine, I do my shakes and its just fine for me...and i've had mine for almost 6 months.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I have a T-Fal Avante and am very happy with it. I think I bought it in 2002. It even chops ice!
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am pondering buying the Ninja Kitchen 1100...I found this thread looking for some advice so now I am even more confused...lol. Has anyone used it for anything other than fruit drinks or smoothies? I watched it on TV and was interested in all the other features like making whole wheat pizza dough or natural peanut butter or salsa/guacamole or real fruit/low fat ice cream. I have to really watch my sodium and sugar cause of heart problems so I thought it might be helpful to make my own so then I could control what goes in it...I have a good blender and a food processor but they don't work as well as what I saw on TV but didn't know if it was just a hype so looking for some feedback!!!

Thanks,