Leg day exercises

Options
Hey guys! I'm a bit new to the gym scene and I thought I'd ask what you guys find to be the most effective leg exercises whilst at the gym (or even at home!).

Replies

• TommyGoettel
    TommyGoettel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Squats!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    If youre new, find a tried and true program for beginners.
    Strong curves has a lower body focused routine that's probably what you're looking for
  • ROBJ3411
    ROBJ3411 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges....easy to do and can be done with barbells, dumbells, kettlebells, sandbags, etc or un-wieghted(not sure that is a word)... I'm a huge fan of functional movements and frown on the use of isolation exercise machines....Deadlifts are also wonderful, but I would make sure I knew what I was doing...Start with those two and add as needed
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Just a few off of the big exercises off the top of my head

Quads... Walking lunges, Bench Step Ups, Split squats,Front Squats (more quad dominant than back squat), Leg Extensions.
    Hamstrings.... Lying or Seated Leg Curls, Straight Leg Deadlifts, Romianian Deadlifts
    Glutes....Cable Pull Throughs, Barbell Hip Thrusts, Hyperextentions (good for glute/ham tie in)
    Calf.....Standing Calf Raise, Seated calf Raise (hits the soleus muscle), Leg Press Calf Raise

Back squats recruit quads,hams & glutes to varying degrees and can be further manipulated by foot position as can leg presses and hack squats.