Im mortified when I look in the mirror....

Options
When I walk by a mirror I can't even look at myself. I want to cry because of how out of control I have let my weight get. I have lost a little so far but I have a LOT more to lose. I hope I can stay motivated through this journey and I want to say good luck to everyone.

Replies

• cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. It's hard but slow & steady wins the race!
  • TruCowboysFan812
    TruCowboysFan812 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yea. I want the weight to come off quicker but I've realized that's not how it goes. I guess we all wish we could just wake up one morning and be at our goal weight though. Lol
  • DebsDaliah
    DebsDaliah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    And when we are, the fight will still be going on ;)
  • Rabin
    Rabin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror either if I was a Cowboys fan...I kid (sort of). Make sure you log into MFP every day, I love looking at the success stories, it is tremendous motivation.
  • sherig_70
    sherig_70 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I first started my journey, I had EXTREMELY low self esteem and confidence. I made the hardest decision ever and it was to begin the process of loving myself. Instead of looking in the mirror picking myself apart like my frizzy hair, my acne face, my big head (LOL), my large belly, I started to face the mirror and say, "I love you..and you are beautiful, and we are going to do this together". At first, I felt totally corney, because it's our inclination to grab the negative. (Did you know it takes 4 positive thoughts to combat 1 negative.). We all got to where we are for reasons. Whatever they may be, the choice is ours to always make. You're making a courageous step right now...one I think is the hardest....Self Love. Stay strong and take small steps. If you fall off, as I did a few times, forgive yourself and get RIGHT BACK ON!!! We all have a BEAST in us. Time to bring it out!
  • JNifer16
    JNifer16 Posts: 198 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Rabin wrote: »
    I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror either if I was a Cowboys fan...I kid (sort of). Make sure you log into MFP every day, I love looking at the success stories, it is tremendous motivation.

This. :smiley: I love reading the success stories and following different groups.
  • girlnextdoor0163
    girlnextdoor0163 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My weight just got out of control very fast. Almost like I don't see myself as others do. When I look in the mirror, I don't recognize the person. I need online support and encouragement. This is it! 2.5 years to 50 and I want to be my best in my 50s. I let the 40s slip away. Thanks ahead of time.
  • 4567ninjachic
    4567ninjachic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i promise you will eventually meet your goal just remember to workout as much as possible without over exerting yourself but also to work off any calories you've eaten that day, just remember to keep pushing till you meet your mark!!! o:)
  • TruCowboysFan812
    TruCowboysFan812 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Rabin wrote: »

Lol. I must admit, it is hard to be a Cowboys fan sometimes. ;)
  • CarrieElizabethA
    CarrieElizabethA Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I wish you the best. When you feel like giving up, take a deep breath and log into MFP and look to us to motivate you. Feel free to add me.
  • 44mandie44
    44mandie44 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can do this! And look at it this way, you already have started to change how you look. Continue to look in the mirror, because one day you'll realize you're actually doing something to change your tears of shame into tears of happiness. Yes, it's a slow process, but everyday you are becoming a healthier you! To love themselves is one of the toughest loves you'll ever encounter. It's not easy, but it's possible. If you need support, feel free to add me. :)