Nursing Mom looking to lose 24 pound in 12 weeks - HELP!

Options
mveats
mveats Posts: 1 Member
Hello,

I'm returning to MFP after having my second baby this April. I had great success counting my calories through MFP and dropping weight the first time around. Now I have 24 pounds to lose by September 15th and am finding it a real struggle so far, ugh! I'm currently 144 pounds, my goal weight is 120 pounds. Do you think this is a realistic goal? I'm also nursing and not sure how that effects calories... it's not making the weight melt away like it does for some.

Thanks!

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    nursing can burn extra calories, but only to a a certain extent. If you reel calories in too much it will affect your supply. You're talking the max 2 lbs a week, I don't really think it's realistic. What is sept 15th?
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi first and foremost you need to be eating nutritious food to provide a good milk source. I've breast feed 3 children and I found the weight naturally dropped off while I was doing it. However you have said this isn't happening for you. Have you lost any weight? I know you have given your goal weight but what is your "normal" weight? I have no idea what sort of foods you are eating. These are all factors that need to be taken into account. You have about 12 weeks to lose 24lbs so not beyond the realms of possibility. Good luck.