Stuck in a food rut - please share foodspiration!

Options
elcollins24
elcollins24 Posts: 42 Member
hey guys!
I feel like i'm forever cooking/preparing the same meals and i'm bored of them.
Please share with me your food ideas/recipes for any meal.
I generally cook for myself or 2 people :)

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    pinterest. go there.

I refuse to send you a link because then i will be on pinterest for the next 3498039845098 hours. ;P
  • elcollins24
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    pinterest. go there.

I refuse to send you a link because then i will be on pinterest for the next 3498039845098 hours. ;P

Thanks! No worries about the link...i feel your pain with getting distracted on pinterest!! Have a lovely day :-)
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have been grilling a lot lately. I will grill chicken then bring in inside, make veggies and then slice up chicken for chicken and veggie tacos. I did the same with skirt steak last night. I grilled the steak, chopped them heat a pan and saute the steak with pico de gallo. That was my taco filling.

pvx2p88ibnjo.jpg

The Chicken Tacos are here: soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/04/alambre-chicken-tacos.html

I am also into Piri Piri seasoning and marinades. It is great on veggies and any protein. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/piri-piri-chicken.html

I also made a foil packet for the grill. Layer like this: foil, sliced onion, catfish, fajita seasoning, salsa, cilantro. Seal it up and grill on medium high for 20 or until fish flakes.
  • rachelnycroo
    rachelnycroo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my new food roots blog is my latest favorite; that and Deliciously Ella.
    http://www.mynewroots.org/site/recipes/
    http://deliciouslyella.com/category/recipes/
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    skinny taste has great recipes too
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Thanks OP, I was just thinking the same thing. Same stuff day after day, week after week... now I just have to follow through.
  • divvyh
    divvyh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Almost everything I cook comes from www.cookinglight.com. The portions they recommend are unrealistically small (especially for my husband,) but the food is really good.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    1. Mixed greens piled high with grilled chicken, black beans, fresh corn, tomatoes, black olives, salsa
    2. Pulled Pork (made in crockpot) with steam veggies
    3. Omelette with sausage, cheese, spinach, tomotoes, black beans, salsa
    4. chicken in crockpot with bbq sauce, kings hawaiin rolls, homeade slaw and green beans
    5. homemade black bean soup- sautee onion and garlic in a pan,puree black beans with a can of salsa in a blender/vitamix, pour pureed mixture into pan, add additional whole black beans, pickled jalapenos, chicken broth and salt and pepper to taste. amazingly yummy
    6. burritos with egg, sausage, cheese, cilantro, salsa, spinach
    7. whole wheat pasta with vegan marinara sauce and a mixed greens salad with tomatoes, carrots, onion and cucumber
  • faithgirlfl
    faithgirlfl Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • elcollins24
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    I have been grilling a lot lately. I will grill chicken then bring in inside, make veggies and then slice up chicken for chicken and veggie tacos. I did the same with skirt steak last night. I grilled the steak, chopped them heat a pan and saute the steak with pico de gallo. That was my taco filling.

pvx2p88ibnjo.jpg

The Chicken Tacos are here: soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/04/alambre-chicken-tacos.html

I am also into Piri Piri seasoning and marinades. It is great on veggies and any protein. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/piri-piri-chicken.html

I also made a foil packet for the grill. Layer like this: foil, sliced onion, catfish, fajita seasoning, salsa, cilantro. Seal it up and grill on medium high for 20 or until fish flakes.

Mm! That sounds heavenly!!

• elcollins24
    Options
    These are all brilliant ideas. Thanks everyone!!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    9fa2oddwgy12.jpg

Skinnytaste.com's Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili on rice with cheese on top. It's what I'm having for dinner tonight.

I also made the Crock pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps from skinnytaste today. Turned out great. As an added bonus, I have some of the Buffalo chicken left to use for tomorrow or the day after (providing my husband doesn't eat it all).
  • rploucher05
    rploucher05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have discovered mixes sweet baby rays BBQ sauce with hot sauce then finely chop chicken breast combine all in a container and shake to coat the chicken. Also I just tried jasmine rice ( pretty much like Chinese rice) 1/2 cup is 100 cals not too bad.... Pair them together with a low cal veggie viola!!
  • marmatune
    marmatune Posts: 14 Member
    Options
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Pinterest for sure. Tons of great recipes. Good luck!
  • kkdunnigan
    kkdunnigan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    http://mobile.eatingwell.com/recipes/skillet_gnocchi_with_chard_white_beans.html My boyfriend and I had this tonight. Full of veggies, meat free option and filling. It is also really easy to customized.
  • koutwater
    koutwater Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My latest fave is chicken, Greek yogurt, hot sauce= microwave and dip celery in it for a clean eating/filling snack! I have other ideas on my fitness Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/pages/KO-Fit/777753435675753