No arms

Options
i did every workout posible, i gain weight i did everything that people do and still no arms!! My chest is good shoulders good legs good but my arms won't grow, any other advice ?

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Increase volume.

Do you go in with a particular plan for progressive overload over time? Or, do you just go in and wing it?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    This is really an unfair complaint to the people who really have no arms. Perspective.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    This is really an unfair complaint to the people who really have no arms. Perspective.

...really?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    were you on a structured lifting program OP?
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

...really?

I thought this was actually going to be about someone with no arms wanting to know what their TDEE might be or something...
  • ndj1979
    Options

not sure if serious….
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Your genetics could also be part of the problem.....
    Some people have parts that develop really well....and other parts that just never seem to come along for the ride.
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Really hard to say without knowing your workout plan. Can you detail what exactly you are doing, or have done, and for how long you worked at both?
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I get the best bi and tri hypertrophy in the 12-15 rep range. When I used to work forearms, they only responded to a ton of direct volume.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Try super setting biceps with triceps. Slow the movements down. Squeeze on contraction until it starts burning in the 10-12 range. Only really need to isolate Biceps/Triceps once a week or so. The Compound movements (Bench/rows) should also be working your arms adequately.
  • slideaway1
    Options

Don't worry his comment was armless.
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »

Don't worry his comment was armless.

Agreed. There's no need to be getting all up in arms.
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    One thing I'd suggest as well is ensuring that you're properly isolating your biceps and triceps by using an appropriate amount of weight. I've lost count of the number of people I've seen at the gym that slap far too much weight on the barbell, and start rocking their hips in more of a flinging motion to get the bar up, rather than a controlled curl. Similarly, I see people doing cable pushdowns, and they're doubled over with their lats and shoulders flexing with every push. Ensure you're engaging and recruiting the right muscles for the movement you're performing.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    Try super setting biceps with triceps. Slow the movements down. Squeeze on contraction until it starts burning in the 10-12 range. Only really need to isolate Biceps/Triceps once a week or so. The Compound movements (Bench/rows) should also be working your arms adequately.

What @slideaway1 suggested OP is what I do. I had skinny arms for ages and while I'm not saying they are massive now, thankfully they have grown a bit by super setting the above one day a week and hitting them indirectly on other days.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

Yeah, and to T-Rexes**.

t_rex_cartoon_by_earthevolution-d5aul6q.png

**Grip - how about you get one?
  • slideaway1
    Options
    joeboland wrote: »
    One thing I'd suggest as well is ensuring that you're properly isolating your biceps and triceps by using an appropriate amount of weight. I've lost count of the number of people I've seen at the gym that slap far too much weight on the barbell, and start rocking their hips in more of a flinging motion to get the bar up, rather than a controlled curl. Similarly, I see people doing cable pushdowns, and they're doubled over with their lats and shoulders flexing with every push. Ensure you're engaging and recruiting the right muscles for the movement you're performing.

Yeah, drop the weight about 10% below your maximum. Sacrifice weight over form. Slow down the movement, Concentrate on the muscle (mind muscle connection does work), squeeze at the top until blood is filling the muscle between 10-12 range. It will feel like it's burning. Superset opposing muscles. Fill those bit%hes with protein afterwards. I'm defiantly guilty of overloading my Tricep cable pushdowns and bringing other muscles in. This has made me conscious of correcting that next time I'm in the gym.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Good thing OP came back
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Good thing OP came back

LOL, I know right.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Everybody seems to be up in arms about this subject. Somebody just lend him a hand. That way, he can be armed with the knowledge he needs to succeed. Who knows, someday we all could be walking arm in arm together to reach our goals. No brain cells were armed in creating this comment.

post-38597-Austin-Powers-slow-clapping-gi-biry.gif