Getting back in the game

My entire family was very, very sick with the stomach flu last week. I didn't even get out of bed except to go to the bathroom for an entire day.... since then, I seem to have lost my motivation to exercise. How/What can I do to get back in the game?

Replies

• My entire family was very, very sick with the stomach flu last week. I didn't even get out of bed except to go to the bathroom for an entire day.... since then, I seem to have lost my motivation to exercise. How/What can I do to get back in the game?
  • Start back slowly. Make a deal with yourself to go for just 20 minutes and if you still aren't motivated, leave - but I find that once you get there, you will stay. good luck.
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Hi,

Are you fully recovered yet? If not, wait until you are.

If recovered, just start exercising and don't promise yourself that you will do to much. Just take it as it comes.

Remember that life always has it's ups and downs, but thank God, there is always a new day.

Hope you are feeling better.

Connie Lynn
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Just do what you have to do so that you are feeling like you again. You are in this for life and you will probably get a cold or a flu again...so, tell yourself you were never out of the game but just got benched for a little bit.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    The body is a lazy thing and as you get older it gets lazier and it then becomes mind over matter. Like others have said, start slowly. You will eventually get to the point where the endorphins start to tease your body into wanting a better high through more work outs.

It's always toughest to get back on track after a period of being inactive -- for whatever reason -- and it takes more will power to force yourself back into a routine then than at any other time.

Good Luck and make yourself do it.