creating a Starbucks entry

Options
Hi! One treat I like to have once or twice a week isn't in the MFP food database and I'm wondering how to create it:

Starbucks
tall
half sweet
raspberry hot chocolate
soy milk
no whipped

Any suggestions? There are many Starbucks entries here but not quite the one I get. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
  • magnolia416
    magnolia416 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    oh thanks! Peppermint is close enough to raspberry flavouring but how can I specify "half sweet" there? It's just a little less of the chocolate and raspberry syrups
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    oh thanks! Peppermint is close enough to raspberry flavouring but how can I specify "half sweet" there? It's just a little less of the chocolate and raspberry syrups

Given the variations of the pumps (particularly the mocha, if it's not calibrated it can vary widely) I would just log it as regular.
  • Mandy217
    Mandy217 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I don't know about the mocha syrup, but Starbucks flavoring syrup (like the raspberry) is about 25 calories a pump, if that helps!
  • magnolia416
    Options
    Thanks both of you! I thought ordering it was more virtuous than that! ha ha
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

That would be 1.5 pumps worth if I remember my barista training correctly (it's been a few years).
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    1.5 pumps of each syrup, plus one of vanilla, ask your barista to be sure, as most wouldn't call that drink " half sweet". They should mark the drink with the actual recipe.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Some baristas will give 2 pumps instead of 1.5... I was trained that this way it makes the drink more uniform from place to place since a 1/2 pump can vary widely. Just FYI
  • magnolia416
    Options
    Thanks fitness pals! I'm trying not to have this often anymore but it's good to have the info for when I do!