Strange foods.....

Options
BigBeaver
BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
What are some of the strangest foods you have ever eaten or seen. There is a lil, semi-famous candy store on S. Congress here in Austin TX and they have some strange ones.

I have tried the Chocolate covered bacon, not that bad really. But they also had:
Bacon Gum
Bacon breath mints
Bacon suckers
Bacon Taffy

What are some of yours.

Replies

• ♥pfae♥
    ♥pfae♥ Posts: 37
    Options
    *giggles, noticing a trend towards bacon*
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    lol....vomit flavoured jelly beans
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    MUSKRAT ! AND I LIKE IT ....ALSO A DEEP FRIED TWINKI AND DEEP FIRED OREOS ARE THE BOMB !!!!!!!!!
  • skinnywithin
    Options
    lol....vomit flavoured jelly beans

OH DEAR GOD i THINK i JUST VOMINTED IN MY MOUTH EEEEEWWWWW i JUST SHIVERED !
  • lisapickering
    lisapickering Posts: 374
    Options
    Ostrich egg
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Cow brains and scrammbled eggs; my kindgarten teacher made it for the class for breakfast one day in breakfast tacos.
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I've eaten alligator and ostrich jerky. Also I think fried pickles are weird but oh so good but I guess they are kinda common here in the south.
  • BigBeaver
    Options
    Oh deep fried carnival or fair foods, love those, had a deep fried snicker bar, the twinkee, deep fried Sno-ball--here in TX for their state fair, I heard they had deep fried beer and coke.
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    My grandfather used to eat bacon grease smeared on bread - YUCK! (Just trying to stay with the "bacon" theme):sick:
  • LoveDLady
    LoveDLady Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm bacon. Sorry I think I have to sit this one out. I hate trying strange foods. We used to eat liver and onions all the time when I was a kid. But I would never eat that now.
  • newmercy4me
    newmercy4me Posts: 15
    Options
    ummm lets see

1. Choc covered Aunt
    2. Aligator
    3. Racoon Stew
    4. Snake with Fried Lily Blossoms
    5. Durrian (I think that is how it is spelled) its an oriental fruit that smells rotten
    6. Nato (a japanese fermented bean)
    7. Cray fish (I'm from NJ we just don't eat those things though it tasted good)
    8. Frog legs (It was kind of rubbery)

Who knows what next - lifes an adventure
  • skinnywithin
    Options
    WHY DO I FEEL LIKE I JUST HAD DINNER WITH THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES....LOL GRANNY MUST BE COOKING
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I will try anything... went out to lunch in china town one day and had sauteed duck tongue. Pretty damn good.

I am also a big fan of chicken feet and tripe at the dim sum place.
  • skinnywithin
    Options
    I will try anything... went out to lunch in china town one day and had sauteed duck tongue. Pretty damn good.

I am also a big fan of chicken feet and tripe at the dim sum place.

OMG tripe seriously? I have seen it in the store and I wouldnt even know how to beging to cook something like .
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    Deep fried battered Mars bar.
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered ants :sick:
  • BigBeaver
    Options
    ummm lets see

1. Choc covered Aunt
    2. Aligator
    3. Racoon Stew
    4. Snake with Fried Lily Blossoms
    5. Durrian (I think that is how it is spelled) its an oriental fruit that smells rotten
    6. Nato (a japanese fermented bean)
    7. Cray fish (I'm from NJ we just don't eat those things though it tasted good)
    8. Frog legs (It was kind of rubbery)

Who knows what next - lifes an adventure

I think you win, wow!
  • PeterBuilt09
    PeterBuilt09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Durian's are pretty strange and have the most unique smell ive ever encountered..
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    Zombie Mints -- they're supposed to taste like human brains, but they taste and smell like rancid McDonald's hamburger meat. :sick:
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, my mother used to give us potted meat sandwiches. Soft white bread with Dukes mayonnaise and potted meat. I loved it then, but now I think I would gag. :huh: I am guessing that many people won't know what potted meat is. I think it is a southern thing.