Which fitness watch is the best.

Options
I'm currently stuck a cross road in which fitness tracker I want to purchase is it fitbit, polar, jawbone, Garmin or the mio fuse. So many options I've done a lot of research yet I still can't fully decide looking for a little extra input.

Replies

• ruthbardell
    ruthbardell Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have just got the new Garmin 225, I love it!
  • jeanettemarie4
    jeanettemarie4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just got a fitbit 2 months ago and I love it...I keeps me motivated and you can sync with others to compete and to do challanges...tells you calories...steps...miles...and tracks your sleep.. I have it synced with fitness pal and it logs my calories burned and such for me....good luck on your fitness journey..hope you find the right activity tracker for you.. :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone UP2 and a Fitbit Charge HR. Jawbone's customer service is awful.

MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users and a Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've been using the Garmin Vivofit 2 for a few weeks now and like it a lot. Because the battery lasts for one year and is water proof. I haven't had to take it off except when I want to change to a different colored band.
  • 35pds2newme
    35pds2newme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband is trying out the Vivoactive. I had the Fitbit but just returned it today--many technical difficulties including texts and calls wont synch and the battery wouldn't charge. Apparently these are known issues. Fitbit offered to replace it but I thought I would try the Polar V800 instead to compare with the Garmin. I really like the Garmin. Polar seems to do more for my training needs as I am a runner but I wanted to try it because it seems to track more indoor activity than the Garmin. I recommend you go to Youtube because there are some really good reviews that compare these products. Just put them in the youtube search terms. Rizknows is a good reviewer. The only problem is that Myfitnespal said it synched to Polar but I don't believe it does. Haven't figured it out yet. May be a reason for me to go with the Garmin. I also recommend buying from retailers with great return policies so you can try them out like I have. It may be a hassle but to me it has been worth it to really see the product in action and to find out what really will work best for me.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want from it, and how you plan on using it. I prefer polar for the gymlink feature when using cardio machines, water proof to 100ft, a300 and v800 will read heart rate while swimming, syncs to MFP (ipod or Iphone android is suppose to be updated this month) . Try this site to see and compare if you haven't already

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews/activity-monitors

http://www.heartratemonitors.com/hr-monitors-main.html
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Fenix 3 is pretty badass but the price is steep
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    I'm currently stuck a cross road in which fitness tracker I want to purchase is it fitbit, polar, jawbone, Garmin or the mio fuse. So many options I've done a lot of research yet I still can't fully decide looking for a little extra input.

In order to make meaningful suggestions you'll need to detail what sort of fitness activities you engage in, and of those, which are the most important to you to capture data.

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

So those brands all manufacture a pretty broad range of devices that do different things. It would be useful to be clear about what you expect to gain from the device, and what types of activities you do.

Without that clarity you'll just get lots of recommendations of what people have, because they have little experience of anything else.

I'd agree with the suggestion for DCrainmaker.

• NoraSagharian95
    NoraSagharian95 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just bought the UP Jawbone and love it! I had the Nike and that was getting confusing to use. Im not that active so the Jawbone was a great price and it keeps track of the things that I want to know about. But it's up to you as to which you choose!
  • jamie_lee80
    jamie_lee80 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm in to see other responses. I currently have a polar Ft7 sitting in my amazon shopping cart. I currently have a jawbone up24 but since it counts steps and I workout in a gym I don't feel that it is the best tracker for me. I want to see how many calories that I burn when I lift and when I do my group exercise classes.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I'm in to see other responses. I currently have a polar Ft7 sitting in my amazon shopping cart. I currently have a jawbone up24 but since it counts steps and I workout in a gym I don't feel that it is the best tracker for me. I want to see how many calories that I burn when I lift and when I do my group exercise classes.

Activity trackers (like Fitbit or Jawbone UP) do not track lifting—only step-based activity. Everything else has be logged—either in the tracker app or in MFP.

Heart rate monitors don't track lifting, either. They're only accurate for steady-state cardio, like running.

Activity trackers calculate your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the calories necessary to maintain your current weight. When you connect your accounts, MFP adjusts your calorie goal every day to TDEE minus deficit. There's no need to take your tracker off—exercise logged in MFP overwrites your tracker burn during that time.

MFP has a Fitbit Users group and a Jawbone UP Bracelet group.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting on the next version of the Apple Watch.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I have an UP and use it for my weight lifting.

I set the timer when I start and stop the timer when I am done. I go in and edit the timed activity to weight lifting level of intensity ad bam...weight lifting tracked...

And in doing that I have lost the weight Jawbone says I would...
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin Vivoactive. I'm intrigued by the Forerunner 225 with built-in heart rate, but the Fitbit Surge I used earlier this year wasn't too responsive to my workout heart rate changes, and I've read the 225 is having similar issues.
  • nancyleephillips
    nancyleephillips Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Jawbone UP. When I got it, I was just beginning to exercise (mainly walking), and it was fine for what I needed to track at the time. Now that I am going to the gym more frequently, I have ordered a LifeTrak Brite 450-R. It should be here next week and I'm really looking forward to getting it. I want to be able to track my HR during workouts and it will be nice to have a watch built right into the same device so I don't have to wear two different things on my arm. I think which device you ultimately go with should be dependent upon what your needs and expectations are.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    I'm waiting on the next version of the Apple Watch.

Me too.
  • Petecalzada
    Petecalzada Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Like my garmin vivo active.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many, but I still keep going back to my MotoACTV. Unfortunately it was bought out by Google years ago and they homogenized it to somewhere and it isn't supported, per se. Does EVERYTHING though and is more accurate than anything else I have tested to date, including Gamins, Fitbits, and others.