learning to let go of . the drive thru

Options
This break up is hard, harder than giving up soda. I see them every day and the commercials make it hard to let go. The high calories and cost should keep me away but the lure of a burger and fries is so seductive.

Replies

• sdrescue911
    sdrescue911 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I am going through the same break up!! A busy schedule makes it especially hard to give up!! Hang in there, I hear it gets easier! :)
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    completely get this. Though soda was definitely harder for me. I still go through the drive through every once in a while, but now I get a grilled chicken sandwich and nothing else. I think it's not as bad for me though because soda was the true break up.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing a video a while ago about how they process food for fast food restaurants. I don't know if it's true, i don't know or care if what I saw applies to most meat in restaurants or grocery stores. I have equated that video to fast food and that was it for me. Blech. I can't. I just can't eat it, no matter how its fatty goodness tastes.

A friend of mine once saw chickens on a farm get beheaded and then run around with no heads. To this day she can't eat any chicken of any kind. Some visuals really do a number on one's psyche. LOL Try watching a how it's made fast food video and see if it helps.

On the other hand, there's no reason to avoid them completely, (unless health reasons justify it). Just make sure that burger and fries fit into your day.
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You phrased this just right! Think of it as breaking up with a big loser of a guy! Once he is gone you will be much better off!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 so honestly by the time I started my diet I was just fast fooded out. I just got sick of the same things every day. I'm also more picky about what I eat. I only have so many calories to eat so they better taste pretty darn good. I'm not gonna waste 1000 calories on a Mc Donalds hamburger, but an In-N-Out hamburger...maybe.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    This break up is hard, harder than giving up soda. I see them every day and the commercials make it hard to let go. The high calories and cost should keep me away but the lure of a burger and fries is so seductive.

Once you realize how much better you feel without it, you won't even have the craving anymore! I always felt extremely "gross" and regretful after eating fast food..haven't had a bite in 6 years. You can do it!!!
  • skinnerfamily151
    skinnerfamily151 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I get the Jennie O Turkey burgers and make them at home. It is not the same thing but they are good in my opinion. All my kids love them. I eat mine without bread when I am craving a burger.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    you dont have to give up on fast food. Its really convenient. Find out on the MFP database how many calories are in the common items, and order accordingly.

i am a vegetarian, but my hubby eats fast food dollar menu chicken sandwiches (no mayo) a lot for about 310-350 calories a sandwich.

a mcdonalds apple pie is only 250 calories, and i believe their basic hamburger is about same. Easy to fit that in.
  • TruCowboysFan812
    TruCowboysFan812 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. It's hard to drive past a fast food place and not stop. Working at a place that is surrounded by three or four of them doesn't help either. Lol I haven't eaten anything but a couple subs from Subway (6in club) in almost a month and that's an accomplishment for me. I used to eat a biscuit from McDonald's almost every morning. I guess that's how I got in this mess.
  • ccourcha
    ccourcha Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have to drive by an In and Out burger place every day of the work week. So hard but I haven't broke down yet.
  • tawandacampbell38
    tawandacampbell38 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Inspirational I wasn't as strong
  • tawandacampbell38
    tawandacampbell38 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I didn't go today just gonna take 1 day at a time. I mean it's not wven convenient and it doesn't taste good so why am I hooked