Belly fat

Options
How do I get ride of all this belly fat from having a baby???

Replies

• JrChamberlain
    JrChamberlain Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am battleing the same thing right now. I am just taking it day by day. I am trying to eat clean and just workout. You can add me if you would like :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    When you eat fewer calories than your body expends for all it's function / movement - you lose weight. Where this weight loss will come from is often genetic. You can't spot reduce (unfortunately).

Just eat less and move more. You don't have to eat "clean" whatever that is. But when eating less, you may be hungry unless you make choices that help you meet protein, fat and fiber goals.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you cannot spot reduce, but you can do cardio to reduce overall body fat and you can tone up the area so that after you get rid of the fat layer it will look nice.
  • JrChamberlain
    JrChamberlain Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    By "clean" I simply just meant not as many processed foods or sugar.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    By "clean" I simply just meant not as many processed foods or sugar.

I could have assumed, but not everyone's definition is the same.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    you cannot spot reduce, but you can do cardio to reduce overall body fat and you can tone up the area so that after you get rid of the fat layer it will look nice.

Cardio will help burn more calories but you actually can't really "tone" up the area. You can lower your overall body fat percentage which will expose the muscle that is already there but doing any sort of core exercises won't have any real affect. Overall fat loss is the key but if you are a person whose body stores most of its fat at your midsection it will take longer than for someone whose body stores most of its fat around the hips and thighs.