Acting on the Heart

Options
Yesterday a friend and I were talking about acting on what our heart is asking us to do instead of listening to the lies that our mind likes to trick us with. This concept was so eye opening for me that I felt like sharing it hoping that it may help someone else who struggles with stress and anxiety like I do. Our hearts are our most essential and powerful body part...I feel it is time for me to take care of my heart and listen to what it wants and needs instead of worrying and trying to comprehend the countless scrap that compiles in my mind daily. I instantly feel peace and clarity when I am able to apply this principle and separate myself from my mind and just listen to what my heart is asking. I hope this helps someone who is also in need of encouragement. Have a healthy and beautiful day today!

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    If you ask me, more people need to use their brain as opposed to their heart, but that's just my opinion...
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Completely not what I was expecting. Good luck with that OP, cant say i agree or disagree.

So we should be acting in response to our emotions rather than logic?
  • denhar01
    denhar01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love this- thank you for posting
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Creating a healthy happy life is about finding balance... it isn't about trying to swing the pendulum one way or another using one part of you or another... LOOK for ways to balance, your eating habits, your work personal life, and even how you view other people. LEARN to forgive yourself and others... FIND your balance by seeking that balance in every aspect of your life and you won't have to worry about listening to any one part of you because the whole will take care of its self. EMU out :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    Creating a healthy happy life is about finding balance... it isn't about trying to swing the pendulum one way or another using one part of you or another... LOOK for ways to balance, your eating habits, your work personal life, and even how you view other people. LEARN to forgive yourself and others... FIND your balance by seeking that balance in every aspect of your life and you won't have to worry about listening to any one part of you because the whole will take care of its self. EMU out :)

Hahaha! Love that and this is a great post. I agree 100%.

OP, if what you are saying is to trust your gut and live your "authentic" life rather than what society, family, friends, etc. expect you to live, then by all means, listen to your heart! However, your mind will help you to make smart, common-sense decisions so that you can pursue your path successfully.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Interesting post
  • magnessd
    magnessd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Completely not what I was expecting. Good luck with that OP, cant say i agree or disagree.

So we should be acting in response to our emotions rather than logic?

Thank you for your feedback. I am not saying to act on emotions by any means. I have learned that thoughts continuously come and go from our mind which spark feelings that result in emotions. Basically all I am saying is it greatly helps me when I step back and observe my thoughts and use my heart ("gut") to discern whether the thoughts are true or false. Being human beings, our minds are naturally vulnerable to lies that are fed to us everyday. I feel freedom when I exercise my own discernment base on life long experiences and education (wisdom). I hope this clarifies my point and I really appreciate your response.