Belly fat

Options
I do the 20 min Zumba tape every night and it is really good but i really want to work on my belly. If any body has any suggetions other than sit ups or chruches that gets me up off the floor and helps with my belly fat please reply !!!! :noway:

Replies

• EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You have to increase your cardio (and do some strength training) to lose fat. That's just the bottom line.
    You cannot 'spot treat' a specific area of fat, it just doesnt work that way.
  • bettyp304
    bettyp304 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cardio, cardio and more cardio. ....
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    You can't target burn or spot reduce. So you can do all the crunches you want and the only thing you will do is make your abs stronger. You just have to keep working at getting the body fat off (also stay far away from processed carbs, flours, and sugars - carbs cause fat storage and it usually ends up on the places where we genetically store it). You just have to keep burning off the fat and eventually it will start coming off the belly (this is where most women genetically store fat - belly, butt and thighs)

(don't increase the cardio too much - chronic cardio - excessive intense cardio - will do more harm to your body than good). It will increase your appetite, stress out your body (make it start pumping out cortisol) and eat into your lean muscle mass.
    3-5 hours of moderate-cardio per week (you can even knock this out in one day by going on a long hike), Sprint intervals once a week to 10 days - basically reaching your own max (no longer than 30 mintues). And strength train 2-3 times a week.
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    hate to say it, but i agree with all the above.... CARDIO burns fat.... you can't spot train (believe me i wish i could!)..... try to do 20-30 min of cardio at least 3-4 times a week and some strength training 2-3x per week....

Also, you can break up your cardio.... if 20 minutes is too much to start with, do 10 minutes in the morning and 10 in the evening... you'll be surprised at how fast you build up stamina ;0)
  • Linnleex3
    Linnleex3 Posts: 20
    Options
    I must agree with everyone else, there's no such thing as one workout for you belly. I have the same issue, but I have managed with increasing my cardio, watching what I eat and watching the fat I take in. There is one trick, however, you may want to try. You can go to the pharmacy or any area with vitamins and supplements and get Apple pectin and Grape seed extract. You take the apple pectin before each meal, just one, or about 500 mg a day, and this will help your body absorb your food slower. Thus keeping you less hungry. You would only take the grape seed extract once a day though. If you don't like taking pills, you could just buy grapes WITH the seeds and eat those. You can burn fat faster with that. Hope this helps :)
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    everything i have read says that you can not target belly fat, except with sergury. I have heard about zumba, but dont know exactly what moves it is having you do. the most common thing i have read is to do full body excercises using weights. this is not me telling you to run out and buy a gym membership. i know the gym is not the best place for some people. but even using light weights and doing circuit training is a great way to burn fat and build/tone muscle. and the great thing about muscle is the more you have the more calories you burn because muscles burn more calories thatn fat, even just sitting on the couch.

so my sugestion is to keep up the zumba, if you like it and its working for you, but also add in a light wiehgt circuit 2 or 3 times a week. it will take 25 minutes max. i can give you an example if you would like.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Glad I read this! I too need to lose lots and lots of belly fat. I'll keep using my elliptical then. Thanks for posting this and thanks to all who've replied. :bigsmile:
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yea, the most effective way to get rid of belly fat is simply to lose weight. You can make your abs as strong as you want but if they are covered in fat then it doesn't matter.

Just keep up with the eating right and living healthy and it will come eventually.