Help with low sugar snacks!!

Options
JAG1224
JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
HI! I need help finding different snack options that are low in sugar. I find myself ALWAYS going over sugar.. most of the time it's because i eat a lot of fruit.. (not all the time but i'm trying to change that! :blushing: ) So any suggestions would be appreciated.. I don't like cottage cheese.. my options right now have been string cheese and almonds.. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Thompsonic7
    Thompsonic7 Posts: 32
    Options
    I love having one plain rice cake with sweet chilli sauce- v. Yummy and under 60 cals!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I was just about to say cheese and nuts, then I read the last bit of your post!
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Popcorn
    Veggies and LF dip
    Mrs. May's Naturals Dried Fruit Chips (7g of sugar only)
    A couple of crackers w/ Laughing Cow light cheese
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Fresh veggies (cucumbers, sweet peppers) with hummus or salsa
  • Rosi3
    Rosi3 Posts: 28
    Options
    Sugar Free Chocolate pudding
    Organic lightly salted popcorn
    Meat wrapped on a cheesestick
    Boiled eggs sprinkle alittle salt
    Peanut butter on celery stick
    Soy Crisps
    Sunflower seeds
    A Healthy protein shake :]
  • amyjeaninga
    amyjeaninga Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips and salsa - but you have to be careful with the chips, especially if you don't get a low fat kind. I think 7 chips is a serving and has 150 cals.

Vegetables are always a good option. Carrot sticks - I buy the baby carrots for my kids and me to snack on. Grape tomatoes. Cucumber slices. A spinach salad tossed with a little olive oil and vinegar and maybe some salad seasoning. Sugar-free popsicles. Sugar free pudding. I wouldn't add a lot of artificially sweetened stuff to your diet, but one or two things a day should be okay. Sometimes I'll roll up slices of sandwich meat for a quick snack...6 thin slices of turkey is a serving at about 50 calories, and the protein is filling.
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love the Smart Pop - 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Kettle Corn. It's sweet and crunchy and a good sized portion - Only 100 cals and 0 grams of sugar.
  • foodcraftlife
    Options
    I'm not sure where you hear that Smart Pop Kettle Corn is sugar free - their website says a mini bag has 25g of carbohydrates and only 4 of that is fiber. I can't imagine a sugar free kettle corn (though it would be fabulous!)