Odd clothings people wear at the gym..

Options
kwiet_storm
kwiet_storm Posts: 56 Member
What odd clothings have you seen people wear at the gym? Women wearing heavy make up, dressing up like you goin to a club. Wearing blue matching soccer kit with yellow and black socks upto the knees, wearing wooly hat in the summer, wearing sleeping wear at the gym. Folks, share your crazy experience..

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Saw a guy in a kilt. Awkward.
  • CarrC83
    CarrC83 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    There's a dude at our gym wears swim trunks and a tank top tucked in. He even sings and grunts loudly during.lifts..it quite off putting
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Running at the park there are frequently women in full make up and they overwhelm you with perfume... I guess that no better than my fart stink bombs
  • kwiet_storm
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »

Damn, really?
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    OP really takes issue with what other people do in the gym. You'd make major gainz if you'd spend that effort lifting instead.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love these threads, and always think of them when a gym newbie makes a post about being scared of being judged at the gym and everyone jumps in with "oh NO, NO ONE pays attention to you, you're just being self conscious!!"
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Jeans. Why would u wear jeans?
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No judgement, some just like people watching :) Like me...

The overly short shorts always gets me.. would be so uncomfortable and imagine the major wedgies when you run :s
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I once saw a man in khakis and a sweater vest killing it on the stair mill.

I gave him mad props. He probably forgot his gym bag and worked out in his street clothes. Didn't look all to comfortable.
  • kwiet_storm
    Options

Damn, really?
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I love these threads, and always think of them when a gym newbie makes a post about being scared of being judged at the gym and everyone jumps in with "oh NO, NO ONE pays attention to you, you're just being self conscious!!"

SO THIS!! I actually snorted---not proud of that, but snorted nonetheless!!
  • kwiet_storm
    Options
    Some women wear Jewellery. Hoop earings etc.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I dress up to go to the gym cause I take a class which is kinda like a hip hop house dance class, and it's fun to get dressed up and dance.
  • kwiet_storm
    Options
    bizgirl26 wrote: »
    Jeans. Why would u wear jeans?
    It's the new trend :D

• MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I dress up to go to the gym cause I take a class which is kinda like a hip hop house dance class, and it's fun to get dressed up and dance.

That is completely understandable. Gotta get into the mood
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

z205099164.gif
  • Strawili
    Strawili Posts: 48 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

There's a difference between working up a sweat/perspiration on your clothes and a kilt.

One word. Chafing.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I dont specifically get ready to go to the gym, but I go straight from work, so always have on makeup and have my hair done.

Back to OP....Probably the oddest is the pajama pants and the stocking caps.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I witnessed someone come into the gym with something along the line of clothes in the picture.

He did a couple of machines while a girl followed him around (she didn't do a thing) then they both left. Haven't seen either of them since...

Genuinely looked like something out of a weird hipster sort of fashion show.

topshots-fashion-britain-men-kit_neale_167.jpg?itok=mbD-tvaP
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options

I live in the highlands, it's rude to enter a gym without a kilt on! ;)