STAYING FOCUSED THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND!

Options
okay folks. A dreaded (but much needed) three day holiday weekend is upon us. I always end up overeating and drinking on these long three day weekends that are filled with louging by pools, trips to the lake, and outdoor BBQs. BUT...I am determined to stick to logging my food....everything that touches my mouth....for the entire weekend. This is the only way that there is any hope to me not spiralling out of control. I am going to do my best to stay within my calorie goal. Going to get some extra workouts in to offset any extra eating. Who's with me????????

Replies

• Mals1805
    Mals1805 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one dreading this! I just am not sure how I am gonna stay focused because I am going to want to lounge and be lazy! I am gonna have to stay motivated!!! GREAT POST!
  • msmonique0919
    msmonique0919 Posts: 183
    Options
    I am with you. I just posted this on my profile page. Preparation is the key, even if it is mental! I will splurge, but not like I have in the past!
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    It's going to be hard for me, considering I'm married to a soldier and were going on base to celebrate with other soldiers....But I'm going to try my hardest to do it! I'm on board!
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I am dreading it too. Weekends are hard for me and now having a 3 day weekend is scaring me. I am totally logging everyday and going to work hard to stay in my calorie allotment. I am going to the zoo Saturday which is a lot of walking. I am also going to try to workout over the weekend too. (I only do the gym Mon thru Fri during my lunch hour)

We can do it!!!!!
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm very worried...camping = lots of drinking eeehhhh stay focused we got this! Ohhh all our hard work, stick with it! ADD ME if you want, support support;)
  • Kristin111365
    Options
    I am with you, I plan on hitting the gym first thing every morning so I can relax the rest of the day. Lots of cardio so I can have a drink. Go team we can do this. I am also going to pick on thing to cheat with to try and keep things under control. good luck everyone
  • Lbiacono
    Lbiacono Posts: 8
    Options
    Don;t dread it! You are allowed to have a cheat meal a week!! And if you are going to drink- stick to light drinks such as vodka with seltzer- or light beers - diet coke and bacardi is good too! As far as the BBQ- try to stick to lean meats and stay away from buns!!!

At BBQs I like to eat as much veggies as possible that the person offers- corn on the cob, grilled veggies, salads, etc
    - if all they have is hot dogs and hamburgers- i take a hamburger and eat it with no bun! its not too bad! Or try to eat the grilled chicken or grilled shrimp!
    Don't worry! And work out extra, you will be fine :-)
  • mamadragon
    mamadragon Posts: 110
    Options
    I am so glad that I'm not the only one dreading this weekend. I dread most weekends since I do fall off the board (still post my foods). I plan on doing a lot of walking to help burn off the extra (fating) foods and drinks. I plan on using water and gum to help.
  • mamadragon
    mamadragon Posts: 110
    Options
    Good idea Lbiacono. We earned a bit of a retreat we just need to watch out too. Never had coke/pepsi and bacardi before.

WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about how I'm going to stay focussed this weekend! My husband has just announced that we're going on a short trip. So, I'm going to pick a hotel with an exercise room so that I can exercise daily and work hard to stay within my daily caloric intake.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm giving myself Monday afteroon pool party off- free to eat and drink and go waayyyy over on calories. Other than that, I'm going to be good at the other two parties we are going to. I already offered to bring hummus and veggies to one cookout and a healthy fruit salad to the other. This way I know there will be some healthy food at each get together.mm
    Good luck everyone!
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Going to be at the river with my in-laws all weekend, BUT I've got a game plan. I'm taking my own "convenience" foods (protein bars, fruit, etc) so I won't be tempted to eat the high calorie, high fat foods that they normally have there. I'm also hitting the trails early in the morning for a good walk each day.

I know that if I get off track for even a couple of days, it's that much easier to slip back into my old habits. NOT gonna let that happen! :)
  • a10horan
    a10horan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I concur. Weekends are a lot tougher for me than during the week. I think being at work is more structured because I am not sitting around thinking what is in my fridge or cupboards. This long weekend, four-day for me, is going to be a challenge. I am watching my boyfriend's 7 year old all four days, so no gym for me cause he will be at work early unless I go when he comes home from work.

We can do this. I tried last weekend to stick to loggin in my calories and I didn't do it and went completely overboard.

But this is a new weekend and I will try, try again.

Good luck everyone.:wink:
  • LynnieSkinny
    Options
    I am pretty stressed about this weekend too, but I am so with you about tracking EVERYTHING I eat/drink. I won't have computer access until Sunday or Monday, but I checked out a complete food counts book at the library and I am taking a notebook to the lake with me... This way if I get time I can check in on myself. Other than that, I will transfer everything when I get back! Good luck to you and also have a great vacation!!!
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    great responses everyone!! feels very good to know that I am not alone. and I will definitely been using some of your suggestions. my extra motivation--going to a waterpark on Wednesday!! swimsuit again! so, not much time to get off any damage from the weekend. Thanks again for everyone's support. I know we can do it!!!

Hope everyone has a fabulous and safe holiday weekend!!