breaking up with the drive thru

Options
erucker
erucker Posts: 1 Member
I have somewhat gotten into a work out routine, but I break up with fast food and soda then a few days later I go back! Any advice on how to do it ands never look back?

Replies

• slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Well it was a good run. You both had fun. Your just not compatible. Maybe you could just get back together for special occasions. Friends with benefits kind of deal. :)
  • melissa_fitdiary40
    melissa_fitdiary40 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    Well it was a good run. You both had fun. Your just not compatible. Maybe you could just get back together for special occasions. Friends with benefits kind of deal. :)

• melissa_fitdiary40
    melissa_fitdiary40 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lol :)
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I started with small steps, personally I thought it was easy to get rid of take out food, I never felt good after eating that crap. Dunkin Donuts iced coffee was my downfall. I just had to make sure I had water with me all the time and I keep a little cooler with fruit and nuts in it. I am in sales and live in my car, so I know the drive thru temptation.
  • roselemonade
    roselemonade Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What kind of fast food are you getting? It's not too hard to put together a reasonable meal, even at somewhere like McDonald's. A cheeseburger and small fries is 520 calories, which is workable in pretty much any plan. If it seems skimpy, you could add a side salad for some bulk and minimal extra calories. You can have drive-through/fast food and still meet your goals.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Don't hang out with anyone that keeps you waiting.
  • slideaway1
    Options
    For closure, actually go to a drive through and tell them "it's over" through the speaker and drive off. Then I'll know your serious. Until then it's all just talk.
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    For closure, actually go to a drive through and tell them "it's over" through the speaker and drive off. Then I'll know your serious. Until then it's all just talk.

Hahaha. I am going to do this..maybe it will help!
  • slideaway1
    Options
    ccnjc4e wrote: »

Hahaha. I am going to do this..maybe it will help!

Good for you. They will try to sell you large Fries with your closure but just ignore them.
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Why break up? (I haven't, and I'm doing great!) Before you go, plan what you are going to order. Even enter it into your diary, before you ever order.

These days I eat fast food a couple times a week. Instead of a Big Mac, I get either a Whopper Jr at Burger King or a hamburger at McDonalds. No fries. The hamburger is 240 calories.

In fact, I have learned, since wearing my FitBit, that if I walk from my desk at work to McDonalds and order a hamburger and diet Coke, then walk back to my desk, I have a NET calorie DEFICIT of about 100 calories. I'm jokingly said that my new diet plan is to walk to McDonald's for lunch every day. I'll be the McD's version of Jared!!!
  • slideaway1
    Options
    DaveAkeman wrote: »
    Why break up? (I haven't, and I'm doing great!) Before you go, plan what you are going to order. Even enter it into your diary, before you ever order.

These days I eat fast food a couple times a week. Instead of a Big Mac, I get either a Whopper Jr at Burger King or a hamburger at McDonalds. No fries. The hamburger is 240 calories.

In fact, I have learned, since wearing my FitBit, that if I walk from my desk at work to McDonalds and order a hamburger and diet Coke, then walk back to my desk, I have a NET calorie DEFICIT of about 100 calories. I'm jokingly said that my new diet plan is to walk to McDonald's for lunch every day. I'll be the McD's version of Jared!!![/quote]

That's actually brilliant. Jokes on you McDonalds! Stick it to "The Man".
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    What I had to do was find things I love that aren't bad for me, and make them convenient. This can involve some prep (measuring things into tupperware, cooking meals ahead), but if you can find a couple of hours (or less) each weekend, you'll be set.

I like to cook a big batch of something I really enjoy (maybe chili, stuffed peppers, shredded chicken) and know the calories, and split it into equal portions for quick grabbing of good and better for you meals.

I used to try to fit fast food into my calories, but after a few weeks of cutting them out, the cravings aren't nearly as bad. But hey, different things work for different people.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    What I had to do was find things I love that aren't bad for me, and make them convenient. This can involve some prep (measuring things into tupperware, cooking meals ahead), but if you can find a couple of hours (or less) each weekend, you'll be set.

I like to cook a big batch of something I really enjoy (maybe chili, stuffed peppers, shredded chicken) and know the calories, and split it into equal portions for quick grabbing of good and better for you meals.

I used to try to fit fast food into my calories, but after a few weeks of cutting them out, the cravings aren't nearly as bad. But hey, different things work for different people.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    erucker wrote: »
    I have somewhat gotten into a work out routine, but I break up with fast food and soda then a few days later I go back! Any advice on how to do it ands never look back?

You lose weight by eating fewer calories than you burn—period. You can eat fast food and soda in moderation and still lose weight—just fit it into your weekly calorie goal. (It's easier to see in the app.)

Deprivation can lead to bingeing. If you want to succeed, you need to break the cycle of denial > bingeing > guilt > denial > bingeing.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I am a sinner

I go to chic fil a drive thru weekly

The grilled chicken cool wrap is awesome

They have a few great grilled chicken salads

I get a chicken club and just eat it topless.

They have Splenda sweetened lemonade

It is a temple of yummy goodness in there with lots of low calorie choices that fit very easily into my calorie count.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I was more of a take out person, so I make sure to pre-cook my meals for the work days I know I won't feel like cooking when I get home.

I don't eat fast food unless I need to anymore but McDonalds simple grilled chicken sandwich only has 350 cals and really filling. If I do need to eat take out I get chicken/steak tacos, no sour cream or sides, or chicken stirfry and steamed veggie dumplings.

I dumped my coca cola addiction by drinking carbonated water, fruit, and stick a teabag in there, water doesn't need to hot to give it some taste. My favorite is Tazo passion tea from Starbucks, you can buy them at the grocery store too.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i was cold turkey. i did wendys, BK and Mickey Dees sometimes each twice a week. then i just stopped. it was to the point they would throw the honey mustard in the bag before i asked.

that was three years ago
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Fast food only does negative things to your body. Which is terrifying. Congrats on the decision!
  • gsavino77
    gsavino77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fast Food sucks. Put ur big girl pants on, walk away and don't look back.