Sushi

Options
we are going to Sushi tonight. What's the healthiest thing to order?

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    sashimi!
  • alexislucas84
    alexislucas84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If they have it, fresh spring rolls.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Chirashi!
  • DylanThomas2
    DylanThomas2 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    sashimi!

This its almost pure protein and soooooooooo delicious.
  • mscandy878
    mscandy878 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a seaweed salad - YUM!
  • eparrott19
    eparrott19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A lot sushi places will let you order rolls "naruto" style- meaning instead of wrapped in rice they are done in cucumber slices! It saves a lot of unnecessary calories and carbs! Hope you enjoyed! Sashimi is also excellent- pure protein and delicious.
  • kendallroy76
    kendallroy76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Never thought of the cucumber rolls!!! That's an awesome idea! Also getting brown rice instead of the white helps a lot
  • theredhead77
    theredhead77 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sushi is generally pretty healthy. Stay away from the krab salad rolls (rolls that are a modified CA roll such as a crunchy roll, rainbow roll, etc...) or ask for it without mayo.

Hand rolls have less rice than regular rolls.
  • samantha0131
    samantha0131 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I go to sushi every week!! Because I love it haha! I eat hand rolls with no rice, edamame (great protein), Kaiso salad(seaweed salad) salmon teriyaki(or just plain salmon), hot green tea, and miso soup! Also sashimi! Oh yum
    Now I'm hungry lol
  • Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Mmmhh, sushi wa totemo oishi, desu ne?
  • jonnybhoy
    jonnybhoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I go to sushi every week!! Because I love it haha! I eat hand rolls with no rice, edamame (great protein), Kaiso salad(seaweed salad) salmon teriyaki(or just plain salmon), hot green tea, and miso soup! Also sashimi! Oh yum
    Now I'm hungry lol

That sounds delicious
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Marcel182 wrote: »
    Mmmhh, sushi wa totemo oishi, desu ne?

Hai! Ashita atashi wa sushi e tabemasu!
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    A lot sushi places will let you order rolls "naruto" style- meaning instead of wrapped in rice they are done in cucumber slices! It saves a lot of unnecessary calories and carbs! Hope you enjoyed! Sashimi is also excellent- pure protein and delicious.

I didn't know this! Thank you!
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want, as long as you don't overeat and what you eat isn't processed garbage.

Case closed.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Never thought of the cucumber rolls!!! That's an awesome idea! Also getting brown rice instead of the white helps a lot

In what way?
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Mango salad, seaweed salad, sashimi (thank goodness I'm going to all you can eat on Friday!!).....but I also work it so I can have a couple of tempura shrimps, cheese wontons, and a California roll. :)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    One thing you can do as well is sit up at the bar and buy the chef a sake bomb and then ask him to make you some 'chef's choice' stuff, just without mayo and easy on the rice.