Your Favorite To Go Lunch!

Options
What is everyone's favorite to go lunch?

I work in Labor and Delivery 12 hour shifts so I'm looking for fast, to go ideas. :)

Thanks!

Replies

• nikkileegiovanelli
    nikkileegiovanelli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Haha. PB & J with broccoli and hummus. I know it sounds like a kids meal but it is easy to put together in the morning and it is realy filling. Plus throughout the day you can keep it at your desk and snack on the broccoli.
  • hyperbeth1
    hyperbeth1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad on top of some greens is so yummy!
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I teach and the one thing I always go to is veggies and hummus. (how that is relevant to teaching, I don't know...) But--one habit I developed was cutting up three cups of raw veggies the night before--whatever mix I had around--I LOVE raw cauliflower and raw green beans-who knew??-plus yellow or red peppers, radishes, cucumber slices, etc., and then it's easy to grab the hummus in the morning. I cannot eat all the veggies at lunch, so I have them to snack on throughout the day. Plus, it's really fun to pick out the veggies of the week at the grocery store. I also make overnight oats and eat them for lunch with fruit--banana or berries. Salads in a mason jar too--I can have three or four made up in the fridge over the weekend and just grab them on the way out.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I have Greek yogurt with Flax seed everyday with fruit and a vegetable.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I make a simple salad (lettuce, tomato, avocado, sometimes cucumber), which you can make ahead and store for a couple days in the fridge at home. Cherry tomatoes hold up well versus chopped regular ones. Of course, you can add in whatever other veg you enjoy. For my lunches, I take a couple of cups of the salad and top with about 125 g cottage cheese - I plop it all into one container in the morning before I leave home and it takes less than a minute if the salad is prepped. At my desk, I add lots of salt and pepper. I find this a very fast and filling lunch. You can add meat or nuts if you eat more calories. The point is that it is really fast to make and very quick to eat, not requiring reheating, etc. Good luck - you have a challenging job!! :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    left overs or plain canned tuna or beans and rice.

that's pretty much exclusively what I eat daily.
  • kayva91011
    kayva91011 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. :) I am for sure trying some of these!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I'm having tuna salad stuffed in an avocado today :p
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Definitely soup, stew or chili cooked on weekends and frozen into portions.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    sammich with some veggies and/or fruit
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from last night's dinner.