Birthday

Options
CMH24
CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
So, Tomorrow is my Birthday and I can't decide what to do. I never lost the weight with my second child (who has just turned 2) and I'm only a week back into my routine. I have a long way to go back to my goal. I've gone full force lifting/running every day, but should I just treat this like any other day, since it is so early in, or just indulge. What do you do? Healthy 'treat' options?

Replies

• Kathy379
    Kathy379 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If it were me I would allow myself something as a treat. Whether it was my dinner, or a dessert, or whatever your fave meal of the day is etc. I would be careful to not make that the whole day though! But that is just me :) happy birthday by the way!
  • theredhead77
    theredhead77 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Celebrate the day and celebrate you. Do you workout but if you want to have some cake or a special dinner go for it. One day of indulgence doesn't negate the rest of your hard work. I'm not saying go eat a sheet cake but a slice of cake or dessert with a birthday dinner that blew your one day of calories out of the water isn't going to negate the work you've done so far.

Happy birthday!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I would work out (i love working out), eat lightly at breakfast and lunch, have what I want for dinner, and have cake. You shouldn't be over your weekly deficit so you will likely still see a loss next week.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Celebrate the day. Fat gain just doesn't occur in ONE day or overeating.

Hell... I went through a whole cake almost on my birthday.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Happy early birthday!
    I'm with the rest of the group, definitely celebrate! Get back to normal tomorrow.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Happy (early) Birthday!!!! Most people are saying celebrate, but I say do what will make you happy! Some people enjoy all the treats, but I tend to go overboard and feel tired and guilty from it, so for that reason I choose to stay within my caloric goal for maintenance. I enjoy a small bowl of my favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt instead of having cake, or I'll have meringue cookies, or even angel food cake since those are all much better options when considering calories! I also like to go out to eat for dinner but watch what I eat in the morning and focus spending more time watching movies and enjoying myself physically. For dinner this year (my birthday is next week actually) I'll be going to P.F. Chang's, so while I'll definitely be going over my sodium intake, I love their Shrimp with Lobster Sauce entree which is a large portion and quite low in calories.
    Different things work for different people though, so I wish you all the best!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday, enjoy a treat or two and get back to your normal routine the next day ;)
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Happy Day to you. Definitely celebrate. Either enjoy & know the next day is a new day. Personally, if I knew I was being taken out, I would go for the eat light breakfast & enjoy dinner & have a piece of cake or something to make a wish. Even better if it could even be shared. Once when I ate with the family at home I told them I didn't want a whole cake because I didn't want a bunch of leftovers & just stuck a candle in a skinny cow ice cream sandwich :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I typically have a piece of birthday cake on my birthday. Usually we also get together with family and cook outside, but the food isn't usually anything crazy high calorie.

But I don't think there is anything wrong with not having cake or a special meal if that's what you prefer. Do what you want.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    It's fine if you decide you don't want a treat

Happy birthday.
  • CMH24
    CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I opted for some homemade sushi and some chocolate. :)