Looking for helpful tips to lose 150 pounds!

Options
Hey Everyone,

I am starting my weight loss journey and would love any helpful tips you might have. Feeling pretty good about my determination but struggling avoiding my sweets. I have about 150 pounds to lose to hit my ultimate goal. Help me get this rolling. :)

Replies

• MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Watch your calories and watch them close! Log EVERYTHING...sauces, sweets, veggies, teas, vitamins...everything lol Buy a good food scale and weigh everything. You can still eat sweets if it fits in your calories :) check out iifym.com Find out your TDEE and eat 20% less calories. Hope this helps :)
  • bobimeeuwsen
    bobimeeuwsen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much MrsGreco! I will for sure check out iifym.com!
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You bet! Also, go though the forum here. Lots of really great info :smile:
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Read this:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Then this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-06-08-setting-goals-667045

More helpful links here.

In general, eat less than you are now & move more than you are now.
    Don't get drastic about either one.
    Don't cut out anything, unless you're allergic to it or can't control yourself
    when you eat it. (Oreos, for me) :frowning:
    If you move your diet toward whole, natural foods, you can eat more volume
    than if you eat processed or junk foods, generally with lower calories.
    Be patient - you didn't get fat overnight, you're not going to lose it fast either.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time, drink plenty of water, have mini goals on the way to the major goal. DO NOT TRY ELIMINATE FOODS YOU ENJOY EATING. Good Luck on your Journey. Feel free to add me I log consistently and am in maintenance.
  • bobimeeuwsen
    Options
    Thank you MKEgal! I love my Oreos too but a huge sucker for ice cream!
  • bobimeeuwsen
    Options
    jrline thank you for the tip about the mini goals. I think my first goal will be 10% of my weight . . . haven't decided what my reward will be . . . maybe new shoes :)
  • vcarruthers
    vcarruthers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am working in losing 130lbs myself. It's a tough road and I'd be happy to share my struggles and triumphs with you. Feel free to add me! I'd love to follow your successes as well!