I'm a newbie!

Options
Just started yesterday counting my calories. But have been exercising since Saturday when I bought a bike. Saturday I started off biking 3.5 miles. Then me and my kids walked 5 miles Sunday. Monday I did garden work for about an hour and Tuesday I biked about a mile with the kids. And yesterday (Wed.) I walked in place for only 10 min. =( then did 30 jumping jacks with my kids. I am hoping I can maintain and keep up. I weigh 240 now and I want to get to 180. That would be perfect. My problem is I love to eat and once I start I find myself struggling to stop. I have been doing horriable since I started on here. My goal for calories consumed in one day is 1300 on here and yesterday I went 1400 more then my goal. =( I want this more then anything for my children. I don't want them to be embarressed when interdoucing myself to their friends or teachers. My sons are 4 and 5 and my 5 year old will be starting Kindergarden this year. I want him to be proud of his mommy. He has already called me fat in the past. Not intentionally but he will say things like I'm too big to get on the trampoline with him. Or he will tell me that I'm almost as big as my one friend who is about 400 pounds. And that hurts so bad. He doesn't mean to be hurtful he is only 5 and doesn't know proper etiquette. So anyway here I am. This is the first day of the reast of my life... Wish me luck!

Replies

• FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose
    FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Awesome job biking that far the first day.. I don't know that I could have done that. Everytime you feel like you are going to quit just look at those beautiful babies and they will help you remember what you are doing this for.
  • charkendrick
    charkendrick Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It sounds like you have the exercising down, the diet part will come. I'm the oposite but my goal is to do the gym or walking three days a week. You inspire me! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I too have endured the hurtful yet unintentional words from my 7 year old. He asked me recently why only him, my daughter, and my husband were all skinny and not me. I use it as my motivation and this site was a great starting point. A little tip - I have found that stocking up on 100 calorie snack packs and Smart Ones desserts help curb some cravings and are reasonable. As long as i always have food accessable to me that i know i am ok to enjoy - temptation isnt so hard! Good luck!
  • natash7
    natash7 Posts: 9
    Options
    hahaha well actually I was kind of forced to do it... The bike wouldn't fit in the trunk of the car after we bought it from walmart! So I had no choice but to ride it home! lol But exercise is excersie! =)
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good fight. I've only been here 10 days and have had a couple of slip ups myself. After a family mini-crisis I binged and ate 1900 calories more than my goal. But, the great thing about it is that the next day, there's a clean slate and chance to start all over. Look at it as a speed bump, not an obstacle. You'll do it!!