Consistency

Options
tdh_jsn
tdh_jsn Posts: 18 Member
the word for the day and every day after...

Replies

• kndev
    kndev Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Agreed! It really goes with that mentality that it takes 6 weeks to form a habit
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,511 Member
    Options
    Lack of consistency is why people "stall" in their weight loss or just regain weight they lost.

CONSISTENCY is the difference between a true champion and an occasional winner.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm working on this! It really is about consistency. You're right. Creating habits of staying on track, within limits for the day and remaining dedicated to the gym
  • whooRAWRowlbear
    whooRAWRowlbear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Consistency is my primary goal. I'm trying to find things that I can keep up or fit in around work and the work commute during the week and outings on weekends or when I'm out of town.
  • tdh_jsn
    Options
    You are all right. It's basically the biggest difference between getting there or not. Make little changes and learn how to follow and incorporate each into your daily life. Keep making them to get to the point where your living a healthy and active life. Don't make to big or too many big changes in your life at once because it will be impossible to follow and you are setting yourself up for failure. Just my two cents and what worked for me when I started.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    This is the number one word I use whenever asked for advice. Great post.
  • tdh_jsn
    Options
    Thank you, me to basically. It is the best advise you can give someone.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I like it

I have seen people lose weight on a variety of diet plans.

They were consistent and down with it!

Gotta last if you ever want to win.
  • tdh_jsn
    Options
    You got that sh$& right bro!
  • tdh_jsn
    Options
    You got it. I will keep trying to bump this up to the top from time to time because it is something everyone should develop. I think it's def key to reaching your goals.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    That's why i can do it.
    And why i dont find it hard at all

Consistency!! steady as we go :)

• tdh_jsn
    Options
    Thats a good point actually. Anyone that thinks they can skip the process and just rush to their goals is crazy. You have to love the process of getting there. You have to enjoy the journey to your fitness goals because if you don't. You may reach them but you will go right back to your old habits n if not worse. It is a lifestyle which I'm sure everyone has heard over n over but it's so true and you HAVE to love this lifestyle or it's not going to stay with you. If you don't like the process or lifestyle of it...learn to through the changes you can make with your body. Progress can spark someone to start loving the process n lifestyle too. I don't know but just some breakfast for you guys. I know I love the hell out of the process and the lifestyle. I look forward to the gym every day. It's my time, it's just for me and I enjoy it. Hope you guys are all kicking some *kitten* today.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Consistency is #2 on my personal list of 5 keys to be successful (as noted in my profile).
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Eat consistent on the weekends.

That was big for me.

Owning the nutrition plan on the weekends was worth 2-3 pounds a month looking back.

Even eat maint calories and have a light workout day. Meet a friend for a workout or bike ride.

Something in the plan.
  • jamieb55
    jamieb55 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    This is so so true and goes for eating and working out!!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Consistency and I are not friends. Hence why I've made no progress. Boo. But that's on me.
  • LouisianaHotSauce_93
    LouisianaHotSauce_93 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm currently working on consistency in all areas of my life! If I'm constant with my career and family life,I'll be consistent with my fit life. And then all my hard work will pay off and then my life will flourish and confine to grow in my work, my family and fitness aspects.
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    Definitely the biggest and most important thing is consistency in diet and exercise.
  • Shreshy
    Shreshy Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Consistency and hard work induces success