Lunch ideas

Options
Iwantatinytum
Iwantatinytum Posts: 10 Member
edited June 2015 in Getting Started
Hi, after some lunch ideas for work if possible please ?

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Leftovers from the night before's dinner is my usual go to.

Sometimes I break it up with a sandwich or a wrap or I buy my lunch at one of the local restaurants. But mostly I just always cook enough for dinner to have one or two lunch meals worth of leftovers.
  • Iwantatinytum
    Iwantatinytum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from the night before's dinner is my usual go to.

Sometimes I break it up with a sandwich or a wrap or I buy my lunch at one of the local restaurants. But mostly I just always cook enough for dinner to have one or two lunch meals worth of leftovers.

Thank you :)
  • Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I like to make deli wraps, which is a slice of deli meat wrapped around some peppers ad jalapeños, with whatever veg was on offer at tescos on the side :0
  • chismmegan
    chismmegan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been having a Lean Cuisine with some fruit and a chocolate rice cake a few hours later when I get hungry again. I've also been making tuna sandwiches. Can of tuna, serving of mayo, 100 cal bagel thins.
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    A salad can be easy to make at home and leave in the refrigerator at work. I've also been having lettuce wraps lately, when instead of bread, you wrap your sandwich filling with lettuce.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I always grill boneless breast of chicken on the bbq. The leftovers can be made into numerous variations, good for several days and make pre-planning so easy. One day may be fresh chicken with a sweet potato and side of veggie like mixed vegetables or broccoli/cauliflower. Next day may warm it up in a pan and place it in a burrito with lettuce, tomatoes, onions & maybe a sprinkle of cheese and sour creme with salsa for mexican. Depending on availability may even add beans. I may cut it up and add a little low fat mayonnaise with onions and celery and make a chicken salad. Slice chicken and warm up in a pan with onions and green peppers and a splash of terriyaki and make a fajita. Each of these brings dishes with different flavors and it is healthy, not out of a box. Hope this helps. For a back up, I leave a box of morningstar veggie burgers in the work freezer along with the veggies like carrots and hummus & keep some arnold thin bread in the fridge.
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I go between salad, homemade soup, topped Ryvita crackerbreads, a wrap, a sandwich, or leftovers from the night before. Lettuce wraps are lovely :)