Hey fam, what vitamins do you take?

Options
Hi fit fam, hope everyone is having a blessed day. <3 I am wondering what vitamins you guys take? And for what reasons? I take a milti, iron, and vitamin C. I want to start taking biotin and fish oil too. Does anyone take biotin?

Replies

• Caroledeegee
    Caroledeegee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My pt highly recommends Animal Pak. It is a little bag of everything you need if you train hard. About 12 tablets in total but you don't have 12 bottles of vitamins cluttering the cupboard. One little bag, once a day and you're done. Make sure to have plenty of water when you take them.
  • Emily_Brasmer
    Emily_Brasmer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Taking the One-A-Day Women's Vitacrave Gummies for general usage, Vitamin D at I believe 5000 IU because of deficiency stuff, and the Nature Made brand B12 1000 Mcg gummies.
    Planning on starting fish oil soon too.
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

So far, so good. :)
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Omega 3 EPA/DHA and Iron (I'm a regular blood donor). That's it.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Multi-Vit, B-12 and C.
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D3. That's it.
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Magnesium - for sleep and muscle rest and recuperation
    Fish oils - for all the good things they do
    Vit D - living in Scotland where summer is yet to appear and am inside all day long

Just started to add a multi-vit as my diet could probably do with a wee bit more veg and iron
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Vegan Vitamins, but I only pop one if I see, that my iron and/or calcium is too low at the end of the day, which is not often...my bloodwork is usually really really good, so I don't want to overdo it.
  • hannah_2809
    hannah_2809 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Probiotics for my stomach, omega oils for the good fats and vitamin D because I'm deficient.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Fish Oil = obvious reason
    Multi = can't hurt, right?
    Green Tea Pills = doctor prescribed. Low immune system after "mono" as a child.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have taken biotin for years and love it. My hair is great and my nails don't split and peel like they used to. And I do gel polish! D3 as well, my levels were not great last time I had blood work. Magnesium for muscle tightness.
    I also take fish and flax oil in the winter because my skin gets crazy itchy and red.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    multivitamin
    fish oil
    magnesium
    B12
    calcium with vitamin D
    plus kelp & selenium (i have hypothyroidism and came across this in my own research.. seeing if it makes a difference since my medication is still not at the right dose)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Other than vitamin D, where nearly everyone in the northern hemisphere is deficient, why not get a general blood test first to see if you are deficient? We don't get extra points for mega-dosing vitamins.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/10/11/vitamins-and-supplements-linked-to-higher-risk-of-death-in-older-women/

Mine is a slightly different story. People with bariatric surgery have known mal-absorption issues. So I'm on these vitamins for life: Pregnancy multivitamin (because of the folic acid), Vitamin D, Calcium, and Iron.
  • shetripsalot
    shetripsalot Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Other than vitamin D, where nearly everyone in the northern hemisphere is deficient, why not get a general blood test first to see if you are deficient? We don't get extra points for mega-dosing vitamins.
  • shetripsalot
    shetripsalot Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

Before my holistic doctor had me start taking any supplements she ordered a whole slew of blood & saliva tests so that she could actually see what I needed to supplement. I take Ultra-Preventative X from Douglas Labs for my multi-vitamin & my vitamin D from Xymogen.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    In the past I took a Multi for years, Vitamin D, Glucosomine for joints, Biotin here and there. Now though I take nothing, not a single thing except the occasional allergy med.

Eating right so I don't need the multi
    Walking outside so I don't need the vitamin D
    Lost some weight so the joints don't hurt so much

I probably could use the Biotin as even women's hair thins with age (at least mine is).
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Just a generic daily men's vitamin from wal-mart. I don't trust my diet enough to supply all of my nutrients yet. I use it as sort of a "fill in the gaps" fallback.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My pt highly recommends Animal Pak. It is a little bag of everything you need if you train hard. About 12 tablets in total but you don't have 12 bottles of vitamins cluttering the cupboard. One little bag, once a day and you're done. Make sure to have plenty of water when you take them.
    i've heard these turn your urine orange/green.....i.e.: they are not well absorbed......have you had this experience...?

that being said, i use gnc men's from sam's club....but i like to rotate my vitamins.....since there are so many wide variations.....last month it was vitacraves......
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Every morning I take a gummy multivitamin (Dr. recommended), a calcium/D3 supplement (Dr. recommended) and a low dose iron supplement (regular blood donor). My blood work has always come back fine but my doctor still recommended the first two.

I live where the sun is really intense, I run several days each week and my doctor still suggested the D3 because mine was borderline low. Most of us aren't actually out in the sun long enough to create the amount of D3 we need.

Biotin makes my skin break out worse than it already does so I stopped taking it. Sad really because my nails have always been really thin and it was helping them but it just wasn't worth the acne.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I take a multi-vitamin (Costco brand) and occasionally Vitamin C.
    I also take fish oil and glucosamine/chondriotin/MSM.