Food scale?

Options
Which one do you own? Is there one that is better or more accurate I should say than another? I'm looking to buy one and want to see what everyone else is using.

Replies

• annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have a digital food scale . It is actually a Weight Watchers' brand scale which I bought when I went to classes - so also has foods and points built in. B

Nowadays I just use it for straightforward weighing. I like it as can put my dish on, press zero then add each ingredient so no calculations required. Seems v accurate.

I paid more as it as the WW brand - but have seem similar for much less.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I own a Taylor "Biggest Loser" branded scale. I've owned it over a year, and have only had to change the batteries once. It weighs in both grams and ounces, and also automatically tares the container for you. I got it at Walmart for under $30, and I love it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I like the looks of that OXO one and am ordering it today.

I've tried three. The post office one, because I already had it. Then I tried two food ones, but they both sucked and I went back to the post office one.

If OXO doesn't work, I'm done trying new ones. OXO sometimes comes out with great stuff - so I'm willing to give them a shot here. I LOVE the idea of a thing that slides out so that you needn't be an acrobat to see the numbers. :)

I got an OXO colander when they first came out and it is THE best one I've ever had or used. Their salad spinner kicks some salad spinning butt, too. Hope this scale works!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I've got Salter
    But I think they're much of a muchness

Just get a cheapish one .. no point paying for stuff you won't use
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    PS my Salter scale is about 10 years old too
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Walmart 14.95.
  • Xanna89
    Xanna89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ok a lot to consider. I like the idea of a cheap Walmart one lol. I mean what sort of bells and whistles could come on a food scale?
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Just get a flat, digital food scale with a tare function that measures in both grams and ounces. If it takes AAA batteries instead of those expensive, small, hard to find 092094k2P90x batteries, then that's a plus!

You shouldn't be spending more than $20-30 for a food scale.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I paid 8$ for a digital scale at my job.... I don't see myself upgrading to a better one because it is working for me. Mine is Century brand I believe.

I tried a manual scale first and it only gave me a headache lol.