Training with my wife

Options
2»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    whatever- she can lift as long as she is lifting the correct percentages of weights to achomplish the lift safely and properly.

Being said- i would recommend against lifting with your wifey. Not because she can't- or the program is wrong- it's probably fine. But it's generally a better idea to let her sort it out- correction gets taken like condescension and it goes bad quickly.

I vote no.

But YMMV.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Are you sure this is wise my friend? Divorce statistics are on the increase. Don't stoke the fire. :)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    zsv658bjeebo.jpg
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I work out alongside each other. I think if egos are securely tucked in where they belong, it is fine. I mean, I'm not trying to change him or compete with him, and he's the same. Even more than me, he lets people be who they are.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I work out alongside each other. I think if egos are securely tucked in where they belong, it is fine. I mean, I'm not trying to change him or compete with him, and he's the same. Even more than me, he lets people be who they are.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    whatever- she can lift as long as she is lifting the correct percentages of weights to achomplish the lift safely and properly.

Being said- i would recommend against lifting with your wifey. Not because she can't- or the program is wrong- it's probably fine. But it's generally a better idea to let her sort it out- correction gets taken like condescension and it goes bad quickly.

I vote no.

But YMMV.

I'm with Jo here.
    I've worked out with an ex (wasn't then) and I did not like.
    I also work out at home since I don't like people or sharing.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    zsv658bjeebo.jpg

Amen to that! With the experience and education I have my wife doesn't listen to me for nothing, we just argue. If you and your wife have a type of relationship where you can do that stuff together then great, but somethings a husband and wife weren't meant to do together.

• slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the BF works out with me. We used to take boot camp classes together and worked out all the time. He pushed me, I pushed him. Our sex life was OUTSTANDING.

Maybe we're the exception bc I was the one correcting form and am generally more into fitness. But, if you're both into it, and can keep it supportive, I highly recommend it.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I lift together (sort of). We both have our own workouts but we go to the gym together and leave together and sometimes I'll ask him to spot for me or check my form. But we both have a similar mentality when training, headphones in and go hard. So it works for us to do it this way. So depending on what your relationship dynamic is like and what your workout mentality is doing that might be an option that falls between lifting together and lifting separately.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    My boyfriend and I lift together (sort of). We both have our own workouts but we go to the gym together and leave together and sometimes I'll ask him to spot for me or check my form. But we both have a similar mentality when training, headphones in and go hard. So it works for us to do it this way. So depending on what your relationship dynamic is like and what your workout mentality is doing that might be an option that falls between lifting together and lifting separately.

That's different than lifting with him.

That's the way I like to "lift with people" you happen to show up together- and you happen to leave around the same time- you check in occasional to make sure your on the same time trajectory and then you call it a day.
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    it's funny you ask as I have been lifting for 2 years...my husband joins me and lifts the weights I do...why because they are heavy for him... :o

Haha! That's so awesome. I can't even stand it! :smiley:
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is good to have a few things you do separately.

I have had a few gf's that worked out with me and some that didn't.

My best workout partner ever was a woman, not one I was dating either.

• danotyre
    danotyre Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My wife and i do the same routine, im not as into it as she is but its great support for her and it always pays off in the end for both
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I prefer lifting weights by myself -
  • determined_100
    determined_100 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think its great you and your partner workout together its very motivating when your with someone you love. Coming from someone who also works out with my hubby a woman can definetly keep up with a man!!!! I can't lift as much I'm only benching 175 and my hubby is lifting 325 but I would break lol. So keep on helping each other. Good luck and god bless.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I think its great you and your partner workout together its very motivating when your with someone you love. Coming from someone who also works out with my hubby a woman can definetly keep up with a man!!!! I can't lift as much I'm only benching 175 and my hubby is lifting 325 but I would break lol. So keep on helping each other. Good luck and god bless.

pounds? Is that actually accurate?

How tall are you? How much do you weigh?????