Animal Magnetism - Week 1 of the True Blood Challenge

Options

Replies

• cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just in case no one has told you this today! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!

I love how happy you are!!! It makes me smile every day! :)
  • DJ31
    DJ31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey guys check out this challenge (for those of you that haven't joined already) might be something that you're interested in. Could also do wonders for team Animal Magnetism! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/248883-100-mile-challenge-can-you-do-it

100 miles... yikes! I'm in, since I know if I'm in a challenge it will keep me accountable.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the great posts, getting to know each of you, and facing a new challenges (or old ones that need revisited)! This will surely keep us on track!

I am seeing the 100 miles in June challenge! Love it!

On my wall I see some friends posting random daily challenges. Jumpping jacks, Crunches, Squats ... sometimes I can meet them, and others ehhhh not so much.

Which challenges do you find most motivational?

If someone said hey let's see how many ___________________________ Team Animal Magnetism can kick out today would you be willing to be part of it? Name that exercise? Do that exercise?
  • notredame2011
    Options
    Hi all,

I have just read through the posts and I think the 100 mile challenge sounds fantastic!! I am definitely in!! :)

WooT! GO ANIMAL MAGNETISM!!!!!!
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the great posts, getting to know each of you, and facing a new challenges (or old ones that need revisited)! This will surely keep us on track!

On my wall I see some friends posting random daily challenges. Jumpping jacks, Crunches, Squats ... sometimes I can meet them, and others ehhhh not so much.

If someone said hey let's see how many ___________________________ Team Animal Magnetism can kick out today would you be willing to be part of it? Name that exercise? Do that exercise?

Hey that's not a bad idea! We should all come up with a mini challenge for our team members to try and complete each day. It gets us moving and possibly putting us further ahead of the other teams. Just a suggestion! You can all tell me to zip it too!!! :laugh:
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Hey that's not a bad idea! We should all come up with a mini challenge for our team members to try and complete each day. It gets us moving and possibly putting us further ahead of the other teams. Just a suggestion! You can all tell me to zip it too!!! :laugh:

count me in!
    i signed up for the 100 mile challenge, and i'm up for any challenge u throw my way.
    bring it!!!
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

I think thats a great idea!!!
  • AngelsKisses75
    Options
  • AngelsKisses75
    Options
    Okay Team Animal Magnetism!!

Check in let's see how many Jumpping Jacks we can do today! ((Low imact edits are counted as well! If need be your knees may thank you for it.))

Chart here to note your totals, and your idea for tomorrow's exercise challenge.

*RAWR*
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I usually do some jumping jacks as a warm up and occassionally between sets to keep my HR up. I will try and count today and let u know. It wont be many but it will be a few more to add in to the groups total.

I work out late at night, so it will be late when I post them.

I think since we can edit out posts we should all post what we did that day and date it. It will add to accountaility and we can see when someone doesn't do anything. Mine would look some thing like this. Maybe start a secondary thread just for logging our exercise with no comments such as good job on it etc so it will be easier and faster to check in on everyone. You can always PM a person who seems to be losing motivation and encourage them. Say good job in this thread or on their wall if you want to give someone said props.

2/24 Tuesday burned @450 cals doing strength training in a circuit style fashion for 60 mins

2/25 Wednesday burned @250 cals doing ab work and light cardio for 45 mins

2/26 Thursday Burned @ 450 cals doing strength training in a circuit style fashion for 60 mins

2/27 I can come back and edit this after I work out today.
  • AngelsKisses75
    Options
    I don't think they will let us edit from one day to the next though. WHEW!!

Let's see here! That was 40 Jumping Jacks for me. Considering I did 20 before Zumba and 20 after WHEW!

50/23 = 0

05/24 = 436 Calories: push, crunch, squat, jump / Treadmill / Weighted Hula Hoop

05/25 = 340 Calories: walking

05/26 = 655 Calories: Lawn work / Cleaned out car

05/27 = 538 Calories: Jump, Zumba, Jump

Total = 1969 (makes me want to start singing ~ Summer of 69 - Got my first real six sting, bought it at the five n dime)

(Saturday and Sunday still to come)
  • iamthepreston
    Options
    No you can't edit. Oh well. 60 jumping jacks.
  • AngelsKisses75
    Options
    Sweet! 100 Jumping jacks it is then!

We are almost at the end of our first week! Where is everyone? Are we all ready for weigh in day? YAY!!
  • iamthepreston
    Options
    I am pretty sure my weigth hasnt budged, nor do I remember what weight I started at. Prettey sure its the same though.

I am playing around with my calories right now. I have been eating more calories the past 3 weeks and I have maintained the same weight. I kept my calories the same this week but did a little more exercise. My scale only measures in pound increments so it may take 2 weeks for me to see any difference.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    how's everyone doing?? I'm a little nervous about Monday's weigh in. i just raised my calories from 1400 to 1600 because i figured out that my activity level is "active" instead of "lightly active". I've been doing really well with that, except for today when i went out to eat. the menu DID have the calories on it, but i have no idea of the sodium or fat or anything like that, so i don't know WHAT kind of numbers I'm gonna get :(

hopefully i'll lose SOMETHING.... =)

good luck everyone!
  • AngelsKisses75
    Options
    You guys are doing awesome! The way I see it this is all about the energy we put in to this change. Win or lose it is a win because we are working at toward a much bigger goal than just Monday's weigh in. :drinker:

IF you are interested here's a little challenge that starts tomorrow: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/251598-repost-virtual-walk-from-new-york-to-san-francisco-june?page=1#posts-3325853

No matter your workout you enter your calories burned each day on your saved sheet. This will calculate your daily calories burned in to miles. I am anxious to see the trail blaze on the map as miles are entered! :happy:
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hey team! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Our cable line went down and we just got it back after three days of no internet :frown: We finally got it fixed though, so I am back. I hated not being able to log my food and exercise. I think I have lost about 3 pounds this week. We'll see....
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty good about my weigh in tomorrow. I've stayed on track this weekend, and I've been paddling and doing 30DS all week (1st week of 30DS). My weigh in last week showed I had gained a pound, but looks like I lost that and more this week. Fingers crossed for tomorrow! For me, and for all of you too! :happy:
  • iamthepreston
    Options
    Anyone else noticed that the woman who started this thing hasn't logged in for 3 days.