just thought i would share... hope to motivate!

Options
so i wasnt going to workout this morning bc good ol TOM showed up. but i went anyways. i usually run on thursdays but i wasnt really feeling it today so i did something different and wanted to share. for anybody who walks the treadmill... totally suggest trying this bc it whooped my *kitten*!!!

the first mile i started on 0 incline at 4.0. for every .5 miles i went, i upped the incline .5. by the time i got to .95 miles i was on an incline of 9.5. u get the idea.

the treadmill hit one mile, so i lowered the incline back to 0 and upped the speed to 4.1 and did the mile the same as the first.

the treadmill hit two miles, so i lowered the incline back to 0 and upped the speed to 4.2 and did the same.

same for the third mile. by this time i was walking at 4.3. when i hit 3.5 miles on an incline of 5, I lowered it back down to 0 and ran at 5.5 for the last .5 miles.

not only did i burn 750 cals per the machine, (would have been more per my HRM but i left it at home. its always off by a good 200 cals), but i felt like i could run forever bc by that point, i couldnt feel my legs! lol.

i ended up going a total of 4.3 miles, and it only took me an hour. i got an awesome workout, awesome cal burn, and feel sooo good! just thought i would share for any of u who do the treadmill and was wanting to do something different!

Replies

• mom2jacob
    mom2jacob Posts: 54
    Options
    aweome!!
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thats a great idea. Today is my Cardio Blast day, so I think I will give it a try.
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    that sounds great. how long did it take you? just curious about time...
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the local police department will let me take out a restraining order on "TOM"

I hate him. :bigsmile:

P.S. Love your way of doing the tread mill. I did HIIT on the treadmill yesterday it felt good.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    that sounds great. how long did it take you? just curious about time...
    it took an hour all together. i did the cool down too, so all in all it was 65 min.
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    I hear the inclines are awesome for you and give you sexy calves:)
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    The last month i have been adding and doing inclines to my workout and love them. I also start at 4.0 i even take it up to 20% inclince talk about a kich , but i love the workour and the burn!!

Keep up the great work
  • KayleighDawn13
    Options
    I wonder if the local police department will let me take out a restraining order on "TOM"

I hate him. :bigsmile:

P.S. Love your way of doing the tread mill. I did HIIT on the treadmill yesterday it felt good.

I would like to take a restraining order out on TOM too. He's a jerk and won't leave me alone!! :grumble:
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    This sounds great. I am definitely going to throw in the incline and mix it up like that. Thanks for the idea!
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great workout. Do that once or twice a week with all the other workouts and you'll have killer legs...lol.
  • xrahelx
    xrahelx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! You inspired me to get my butt in gear!
  • SweetTooth68
    SweetTooth68 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wow - awesome workout! I feel exhausted just thinking about it! Maybe one day I will get there!