Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Trying to lose 10 pounds

I am 40 years old and I am struggling to loose 10 pounds. I feel tired and no energy. I used to be happy and drop weight easily. Help me lose weight and gain my energy back!

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    What are your daily calories set to? Are you getting enough food to fuel your body? If not, that could make you feel tired. With only 10 pounds to loose, a healthy weekly weight loss goal would be 0.5 lbs.
    Are you getting enough sleep?
  • milemarker61
    milemarker61 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi. I am Erica. Same situation here. I have gained back 10 lbs in the last month from overeating, mostly at summer gatherings. I am at 138, and would like to be at 128. So much for beach body... I used to run regularly but hAve not been finding time lately. How has your progress been lately? Want to be friends and encourage each other? I don't have any here on mfp but I think it would help.
  • cherrie_mcburney
    cherrie_mcburney Posts: 5 Member
    hi Ladies! I am 50 and am working to lose 9 pounds. It is SO hard at my age. I am post-menopausal. I just started revisiting an old friend/enemy - the Insanity workout. If this doesn't do it nothing will! Oh, plus instead of eating 5-6 small meals a day, I'm actually finding that eating 2 substantial meals lunch and dinner with intermittent fasting (bedtime until about 11 am) is working better for me. When I was eating all day, I was never satisfied and always thinking of food! Stay tuned!
  • milemarker61
    I am trying to eat something every three hours or so, 6 9 12 3 6 9, so I guess that's six meals a day. I run into trouble when I go to someone else's house for a party or even just dinner. I just control myself when there is a lot of good yummy food around. To control this, I suppose I am going to try to drink more water especially in these situations and journal what I eat.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Tired and no energy could be because your calorie goal is too restrictive. Are you on 1200 calories per day? If so, that's a good sign that you could be trying for too great of a deficit. With 10 pounds left to lose you should be aiming at .5 pound per week.

I've found that strength training has helped me tremendously. At 49, I have more energy and I'm fitter and firmer than I was 5 years ago while weighing 10 pounds less. You might consider it for yourself.
  • lisamware1
    lisamware1 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone - I'm Lisa. I'm 46 and also trying to lose 10 pounds. Well, actually, more like 12. I've played around with dieting before, but the scale keeps going up, so I need to get more serious. Would love any encouragement and will be happy to encourage! I empathize with @milemarker61 - it's so hard not to overeat at social engagements. I also have a desk job and I want to eat constantly - especially in the afternoons. I do find that adding everything into the diet journal in MFP makes a HUGE difference. It keeps your food intake at the top of mind. @cherrie_mcburney, I may try the two larger meals if eating smaller ones doesn't work. I just like feeling "full."
  • milemarker61
    Yes, @lisamware1 I have a desk job too. It doesn't help anything to sit for so long!! I am on my way to a friends house for dinner right now... We'll see how I do...