Best workout after cheat meal

Options
hi everyone! I am currently on pretty strict macros because I'll be traveling for a month and want to maintain and be as lean as possible so i can enjoy my time there..

Anyway today I went to the movies and "rewarded" myself :) aka cheat meal x100. Whoops! What is the best workout that follows a day like this ? I heard legs..

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The best workout after a cheat meal is the same one you had planned on your schedule for that particular day
  • alexgolan610
    alexgolan610 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    The best workout after a cheat meal is the same one you had planned on your schedule for that particular day

I did a workout this morning with my trainer.. 10front squat 1k 15 front squat 1k 20 front squat 1k 25 front squat under 30 mins... But because I splurged today I wanted to utilize the fats and carbs into my muscles with another workout :)
  • DavPul
    Options
    Nobody got fat because they went to the movies one day and ate popcorn and raisinettes. And nobody got biffo because they did an extra workout after eating nachos and gummy bears. Let it go before you head into disordered eating land.
  • alexgolan610
    Options
    Nobody got fat because they went to the movies one day and ate popcorn and raisinettes. And nobody got biffo because they did an extra workout after eating nachos and gummy bears. Let it go before you head into disordered eating land.

I just have a goal to reach. Might be mental but I'm just asking for advice from people who have experience. Thanks !
  • DavPul
    Options

I just have a goal to reach. Might be mental but I'm just asking for advice from people who have experience. Thanks !

Oh, then you definitely don't want help from me then. No experience at all over here. My bad.

Carry on
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Yep. Doing a different workout or changing your days around just because you ate extra is silly at best.
  • alexgolan610
    Options

Oh, then you definitely don't want help from me then. No experience at all over here. My bad.

Carry on

Didn't say that. But ok thanks anyways :)

• Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It's not silly, it's smart! Ya, a good hard leg day or I always go for a good 7 mile run.
  • Armyx2
    Armyx2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Everyone on this site thinks they are an expert. Instead of answering the question, they want to hit you with shade.
    If I binge or eat a little too unhealthy, a long run the next day usually makes me feel better and helps my body feel less like trash. I think the movement and sweating puts me back on track.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Armyx2 wrote: »
    Everyone on this site thinks they are an expert. Instead of answering the question, they want to hit you with shade.
    If I binge or eat a little too unhealthy, a long run the next day usually makes me feel better and helps my body feel less like trash. I think the movement and sweating puts me back on track.

The indicators of unhealthy are obvious in your post.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Use it for a leg day and take advantage of the extra noms to hit some PR's

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

This
    seriously- a lot of this.

You got some advice. Do the same thing you would normally do. No one gets skinny from one day of dieting- much like no one gets fat from one day of indulding.

If you wanted to have a fabulous carb fueled workout- then you should carb load before your workout- not go ape "rewarding" yourself then go- gee- what do I do now.

Also- if you really went that over board- odds are you'd puke anyway from the kind of workout that you'd want to do to utilize those precious carbs. if you're "over board" meal doesn't have you ready for a nap- then you really don't need to be all that concerned about it.

Just carry on as you had originally planned. What your asking for advice on is completely nonsensical and just ridiculous.
  • Tortitudekitty
    Tortitudekitty Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What JoRocka and DavPul said.

A cheat meal is a cheat meal, it's good to give your metabolism a little surprise from time to time. It can get "I know what's coming" day to day just like when we get plateaus in our exercises.

• alexgolan610
    Options

Thanks girl!! I appreicate the help rather than the rest of these "experts"... I went on a run this morning and did some burpees as well as power cleans feeling back on track.

Thanks again!
  • JoRocka
    Options

Thanks girl!! I appreicate the help rather than the rest of these "experts"... I went on a run this morning and did some burpees as well as power cleans feeling back on track.

Thanks again!

the people who have been here- and have success:"experts" - all of us are successful lifters and athletes- and we've been around on these forums "helping" people with the "expert" advise for a long while.

but the one person who supports your ridiculous notion to go workout some more- has 9 posts and is the only person you chose to acknowledge.

ha.

HA.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
    awesome.
    Never change MFP. Never Change.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Thanks again!

the people who have been here- and have success:"experts" - all of us are successful lifters and athletes- and we've been around on these forums "helping" people with the "expert" advise for a long while.

but the one person who supports your ridiculous notion to go workout some more- has 9 posts and is the only person you chose to acknowledge.

ha.

HA.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
    awesome.

The person the OP acknowledged was also the only one with disordered tendencies, the mention of binging, in her post. Eat a "cheat meal" ... go forth and punish oneself for doing it.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options

Thanks again!

It's very much a mental issue in this situation. Looking at your picture you're incredibly lean, so you must do the right things 90%+ of the time so as long as you're consistent with what you're doing you'll be fine. Don't overthink things so much. ;)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Thanks again!

ha.

HA.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
    awesome.

Agree!!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    The best exercise to get and maintain abs is 3 sets of stop eating so damn much.

Aside from that, no exercise if going to make up for a cheat meal.
  • JoRocka
    Options

Thanks again!

ha.

HA.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
    awesome.

The person the OP acknowledged was also the only one with disordered tendencies, the mention of binging, in her post. Eat a "cheat meal" ... go forth and punish oneself for doing it.
    nods
    like I said- Never change MFP- never change.