I don't want to be the 'chunky' girl in my friendship group

Options
Hi all,

The day before yesterday, my best friend sent me a picture of herself in a crop top. It was a wake-up call for me.

Although I am not obese, I've gone from a size 8 to a size 12-14 (UK), and I don't want to look at my friends and feel envious. I don't want to feel resentful. I want to feel healthy and happy and energetic and excited!

So calorie counting has started, and today I went to my first Pilates class. It was awesome!

I've got a long way to go, but hopefully by this time next summer I'll be happily buying a crop top of my very own (shallow as all hell, I know!).

I could really do with any support / friendship on here. I promise to be a cheerleader fo your own journey too. :)

Replies

• Sangsterr
    Sangsterr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Nice to see someone passionate about with a decent goal! I'm here to help a lot of people so if you need any advice give me an add and I'll be there :)
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to comfortably wear a crop top too!
  • badholland
    badholland Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi

We have similar stories I think.

I was always about 8st5ish and then the last year or so that's creeped up to almost 10st! I get what you're saying about being the chunky one too! I am sick of feeling uncomfortable with my friends - I've sent you a request :)
  • CeriCaramel
    CeriCaramel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Thank you so much for your kind words - was a bit worried I'm come across with as much depth as a puddle.

I can definitely do with all the advice/guidance/cheering on I can get, as not really anyone in my 'real' life who can support this effort.

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hah! I just ordered 4 crop tops and am hoping to keep at least one of them... even if it's more of a "keep going" item rather than a "i can wear this now" item.

Set a sane, steady goal, find good foods you love, a dietary pattern that works for you, exercises that make you WANT to exercise more, and get back up if you ever slip up. You'll be more than ready for that crop top come next summer.
  • CeriCaramel
    CeriCaramel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Zara, you'd better post pics once you're happy waering them! :smiley:

Yeah, I think I'm a bad one for messing up, then thinking 'oh, the whole thing is ruined - why bother?'. A habit I'm definitely goingto have to break...
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I was just at the store && saw a girl with a crop top, leggings, and sandals.. she looked super cute. Then I said to myself "I wish I was able to wear something like that". So it was just some push for motivation. Struggling to keep that up. :) Old habits are hard to break, still learning!!!
  • steph_cogan
    steph_cogan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Both my sisters and all my friends are size 10s and smaller (UK) so know how you feel!
    Why must crop tops be such a thing right now hahaha x