Somebody help me!! IM SO TIRED.

Options
gympamela
gympamela Posts: 188 Member
My boyfriend kept me up with his snoring all night. I was up for good around 230am. I could not get back to sleep. Finally I got up and ready for work about 4am.

Problem: I have to be at the gym to meet a trainer at 430! Im wiped out. He is a tough trainer too- boot camp x1000. How do I get enough energy to make it thru??? I already popped 3 hydroxycut (I dont drink coffee) just to wake up for work.

ANYONE??

Replies

• nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Lots of water, a B complex vitamin.... Ummm I want to say some form of carbs but that could be wrong... ?? The first two for sure...
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't agree with the Hydroxycut...
  • Hazelhaze05
    Hazelhaze05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    GNC Ultra Mega Women's Multi-Vitamin, I love it! It gives me a huge boost of energy through the day. I use the choclate powder shake
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Get energy from fruits and veggies and yes Vit B.
    Drink lots of water.
    Eat clean today too, that way you wont feel sluggish from food.
    Good luck!

The fiance and dog kept me up last nigh too... I feel your pain :( And I have boot camp later! **SIGH**
  • gympamela
    Options
    I took a vitamin this morning, I have good food for the day (complex, fibrous carbs, lots of protein, nuts, tons of water) but I still am dragging *kitten*.

Am I just doomed??
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Wholemeal toast, banana and a yogurt.

4.30am to see a trainer; now thats what i call commitment!
  • anahahn
    anahahn Posts: 3
    Options
    Protein will wake you up.. yogurt would be good.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Tiredness needs sleep, but for a boost, try dried apricots, apricot yogurt and sesame seeds all mixed up....It ALWAYS worked for me, I call it my power meal. Also pasta and spinach....again, a guaranteed boost for me...
  • gympamela
    Options
    NOOO! Its this afternoon, like in 8 more hours....on 2ish hours of sleep!!!!
  • anahahn
    anahahn Posts: 3
    Options
    be careful with those hydroxycut.. those are not good for you and can have serious side effects!
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    PS ^^ ...about an hour before work oout...
  • infosynth
    infosynth Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sleep hygiene is critical to good health. Deprivation can actually derail your weight loss efforts and it causes all kinds of other health problems.

The problem isn't with your energy level, it's with your sleeping arrangement. Take care of yourself and sleep separately if he's keeping you up on a regular basis.

And please don't take pills or extra caffeine on a long-term basis to try to overcome the fatigue. That's just asking for trouble.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Once you start the workout, it may help wake you up...
    maybe? :)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    It's going to be tough, but the one thing that will give you energy, is going to be that workout. :-) I teach two spin classes on Thursdays. I taught a 45 minute class this morning and I have a one hour class at 5:30. Getting showered and re-spandexing myself for a second go round is usually torture, but when I'm done with the class I feel great. You will do great!!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    I always feel better after a workout, even if I am sleep-deprived, etc.
  • gympamela
    Options
    Thanks you guys, I am going to stay hydrated and eat good food all day. AND he is sleeping on the couch tonight!!!!!!
  • NWfluffy
    NWfluffy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    After years of "gentle suggesting" from me, my husband finally went to a sleep clinic for a study. Turns out his snoring was part of his sleep apnea (he stops breathing briefly several times a minute when he's sleeping). Now he wears a CPAP at night (the kids say he looks like some wierd outer space elephant) and NO SNORING! It's dreamy for me. Took him a while to get used to the thing, but now he sleeps better too. Good luck!
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    LIQUID vitamin b12...will give you energy and other great benefits!!!

They are usually buy 1 get 1 free at drug stores like walgreens or walmart
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend kept me up with his snoring all night. I was up for good around 230am. I could not get back to sleep. Finally I got up and ready for work about 4am.

Problem: I have to be at the gym to meet a trainer at 430! Im wiped out. He is a tough trainer too- boot camp x1000. How do I get enough energy to make it thru??? I already popped 3 hydroxycut (I dont drink coffee) just to wake up for work.

ANYONE??

15-20 power nap during lunch
  • roseannericke
    roseannericke Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have heard that B12 is a good pic me up...does it give you as much energy as a cup of coffee? Does it last very long? Can you over do B12?