Running Shorts

Options
Any suggestion for great running shorts? I was wondering about compression shorts under regular shorts......does that work to prevent "ride up"?? I need something to tame the inner thighs........:tongue:

Replies

• clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I love the Nike and Addias running-tennis skirts they have short already built in. Look really cute and are comfy!
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    I generally wear bike shorts under normal shorts.... makes me feel more concealed ;). Somtimes the other shorts still do ride up a little but not as bad and even if they do I have the bike shorts on underneath so i dont worry about it ;)

Best of luck!
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    My husband likes this brand: Road Runners. He runs marathons and likes the way they fit plus they have lots of pockets for his gels.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I like Under Armor compression shorts. I bought Nike's first - they have kind of a brushed finish. The UA's are thicker and offer much more compression - they are basically bike shorts with no padding. The Nike's are good if one's major purpose is simply modesty, the UA's are serious compression shorts.
  • craigh04
    craigh04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you guys have LULULEMON in the states but they have the best workout gear.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have some ok Ronhill ones. I have thin thighs for my waist size, so compression ones don't compress me much! If they are made of good fabric they shouldn't ride up.
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    get some running capris or tight running shorts that you can just wear without shorts over them...I wore them with a big shirt when I was just starting out...when I started to really run I switched to tech shirts and tanks...Champion makes some good ones (you can get them at Target) and JCPenny has some as well.
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    Compression shorts are fantastic!! I don't know about you all, but I can't stand to wear undies during a run or workout and don't want to go bare bottomed either!! So invest in a pair! I have a pair of Reebok ones that I love! Totally worth it.
  • fumblerdog
    fumblerdog Posts: 63
    Options
    Nike makes the best running shorts - I don't know what they are called or what model they are or whatever, but they are form-fitting like a spandex or compression short, but they are made of Dri-fit fabric which means they breathe and keep you MUCH cooler. I absolutely swear by them. They also make shirts with the same material that have various levels of support bras in them, which I love when it is super hot.
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Nike with the build in panties, but I still wear panties.. But they help prevent ride up, and alos prevent flashing
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I started running in capris and longer shorts because of the chub rub. As I've lost weight - and as it got hotter out (95 today!), I've moved to shorts. I don't notice it as much anymore. I wear the Nike running shorts with the built in panties. It took me a bit to wear them without a second pair, but now that I do - HEAVEN. So much cooler 'down yonder!" :D

Also, if you are wearing shorts, get some Monkey Butt Powder or Glide stick and put that on your inner thighs. Will prevent the chafing and skin burn. :D
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    www.SkirtSports.com
    has some longer skirts with longer shorts under them.

:drinker:
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I like Under Armor compression shorts. I bought Nike's first - they have kind of a brushed finish. The UA's are thicker and offer much more compression - they are basically bike shorts with no padding. The Nike's are good if one's major purpose is simply modesty, the UA's are serious compression shorts.

An addendum to my previous post. I love the UA compression shorts but hate their regular running shorts. I buy the style with pockets and the pockets are not deep enough. Obviously this is not an issue if you don't use the pocket shorts, but I wanted to make sure that my endorsement of their compression shorts is not a blanket endorsement of all their products! I wear Asics 7” pocket shorts.
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    Thanks so much for taking the time to respond! I sweat--A LOT-with any exercise, so I wanted to avoid the big tee shirt if at all possible. I like to wear tanks when running, but I sooooo cannot NOT cover my butt if I'm wearing bike/compression shorts alone. Anyway, keep the suggestion coming---all information is appreciated!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for taking the time to respond! I sweat--A LOT-with any exercise, so I wanted to avoid the big tee shirt if at all possible. I like to wear tanks when running, but I sooooo cannot NOT cover my butt if I'm wearing bike/compression shorts alone. Anyway, keep the suggestion coming---all information is appreciated!

Stop worrying about covering your butt with something. More layers and baggy t-shirts make it look worse. ;) Wear workout clothes that make you feel awesome!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    If you want flattering, get a skapri. They cover your butt. I LOVE mine!