My 50 lb weight loss story

Options
lavrn03
lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
Good morning everyone!

During my weight loss journey I would read success stories to keep me motivated. TODAY I get to write one of my own.

Here is my story, what I did and what I thought helped me succeed.

I'm Linda. 39 yrs old. Work full time as a nurse. Mother of active 5yr old, coparent my 2 neices (12&10) with sister who is a recent widow, and take care of my aging mother....so I'm busy!!
After my brother n law passed away from unhealthy living last year I decided to make a change and get healthy again for myself and especially for my son!
Today is a year since i started my weight loss journey. I had a 55lb weight loss goal. I am only 3.5 lbs short of my goal! 51.5lbs isn't too bad.
This is an amazing app to keep track of intake. I'm always surprised at how fast calories add up. If you log in everyday good or bad you will see a difference. Also find fun things to do to keep yourself active. I started off exercises 3 x week and now up to 5-6x a week. I am constantly finding different things to do alone or with my son and nieces. Those calories burned ALSO add up.

I focused more on my health and how i felt after i worked out or ate well.
I also focused on 10lbs at a time, that seemed to keep me encouraged and motivated.

My heaviest:

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Current weight:

Advice:
I find that when I allowed myself 1 day of extra calories it curbs my desire to eat extra during the week.
If I didn't do that I know I would of lost more weight along the way but I also know I wouldn't of lasted this long.
It's all about finding what's going to work for you. Allow yourself time to do that, remember it's a working progress.
If you are craving treats. Preplan a treat each day. This will prevent you from feelings deprived.
If you are hungry later in the night and you already went through your calories, eat something but have it be high in protein. Better to eat 100 extra calories to feel satisfied then be frustrated you are always hungry at night.
Really don't worry about it so much, just try each day and know you are not only trying to lose weight but also trying to change habits.
And in the long run you will be better for it and the weight will come off. Maybe not as fast as you'd like but it will!!!!

My heaviest:

luusd05n3i7t.jpg
My heav
After 50lb weight loss:
5emllhh9nemx.jpg

Replies

• shakeirawhitney
    shakeirawhitney Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look Amazing!! Congratulations on your loss
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, congrats! You look radiant :smile:
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Well done on your accomplishment. Also it's brilliant to see you have a big smile in both of your pictures
  • sf_sarahfagan
    sf_sarahfagan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. I really enjoyed your story. It's honest and real. It's all about just slogging away at it and never giving up. We will all have off days or bad days, or days when we just have to have a piece of cake, and that's ok as long as we stick to the overall plan and keep going! Good job and congratulations. Thanks for sharing!
  • junglejd13
    junglejd13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Nice work and good tips! You look very happy and healthy!
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am happy. I feel like I'm myself again. My husband lost 40lbs too. It has been a family effort. Very important to have support.
    I'm most proud of the fact my son will never now his mom as being an unhealthy overweight person. Eating well and bring active is a daily part of my families life now.
    I love my MFP community no matter if your a man, woman, heavy or fit, we all want to be healthy.
    Thanks!!!!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Great transformation. :smiley:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I bow to your common sense and persistence! And you look gorgeous!
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This is just AWESOME!! Thanks so much for sharing your story and pix with us! Woo Hoo for you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!