Losing Post pregnancy weight challenge

Options
ndavis84
ndavis84 Posts: 10 Member
my family was blessed with a beautiful baby and now I'm ready to lose this post pregnancy weight, plus get my blood pressure back to normal. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. I currently weigh 181 lbs. I lost 20 lbs after I had the baby (woo that was awesome). I need some advice and suggestions to keep me motivated... So I'm ready when u are! Thanks a bunch! Xoxo

Replies

• Juslane
    Juslane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats on ur baby :) I am in the same boat as u. I gained 70lbs during my pregnancy, blood pressure sky rocketed, and was almost diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. I have lost 40lbs so far; my daughter is now 10 months old. I have another 30lbs to go. It is a must for me to get back to pregnancy weight for the following reasons:
    1) to get off of BP meds
    2) be healthy
    3) vanity ;) I have a closet full of clothes that I must to get back into.

You are not alone. Stay motivated and dedicated to reach ur goals.

Feel free to add me as friend. We can do this together! :)
  • KatiBo05
    KatiBo05 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You can definitely accomplish anything you set your mind to. I feel support is key to success! I've been logging in for 15 days now and I've lost 9 lbs. I'm currently a mom of two and I'm expecting a baby in July/ August. I'm trying to get healthy as I never lost the weight from my daughter 18 months ago. Feel free to add me or message me for any encouragement and support. We can share tips and motivate one another. =)
  • evir
    evir Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am in same boat as you ladies I have a 4 month old little girl and gained 41 lbs during pregnancy which I have now lost but want to lose another 22. Would love for you to add me and we can keep each other motivated :)
  • katlynviverette
    katlynviverette Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am joining in with you ladies! I am due with my 2nd baby within the next 4 weeks and have already gained 35 lbs and I was already holding on to 10 leftover lbs from the first pregnancy 20 months ago. As soon as he is out and I am in the clear to get healthy again I am going balls to the wall! I gained 70lbs with the first and didn't try losing any of it until she was 10 months old and that's when the weight melted off and I guess my confidence was coming back hence the 2nd pregnancy lol! I am so motivated right now but I am bummed knowing I still have to gain more and then wait to loose it!
  • pris956
    pris956 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! New to this community blog thing. I too just had my first baby a month ago. I gained 40 lbs and have lost 20. I still need alot more to go. I would like to have friends here for motivation. I used this app before pregnancy and I lost 10 last summer along with exercise. I'm hoping to get back into shape quick!
  • healthychops_gets_fit
    healthychops_gets_fit Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to using this app. Wanted to be realistic about food etc and not be too silly by crash dieting. I have a lovely 9 week old who I am feeding. I lost all my pregnancy weight in the first 2 weeks but have now gained half 8lb :-(!! I have about 50lb in total to lose to be healthy weight as had gained a lot before pregnancy! Add me and we can motivate each other x
  • laquita870
    laquita870 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I used the app in the past to lose but since having my baby almost two months ago it's been difficult. Love to have ladies by my side to help motivate me. Add me and we can motivate each other.
  • yoliebot
    yoliebot Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, my little boy is 5 1/2 months now. I gained only about 30 lbs and I have managed to loose that, but after pregnancy my body is totally different and my clothes still don't fit comfortably. Added on to that I wasn't at a healthy weight before. I want to get down to 130, I have 40 lbs to go.

Any help figuring out how to do that while dealing with a full time job and a baby would be greatly appreciated. More friends always help.
  • sweatin4weddin2
    sweatin4weddin2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I wanted to take second to introduce myself. My name is Courtney and I'm from outside of Houston. I have had issues with my weight since I started dating my highschool sweetheart and now fiance! You could say I gained "happy" weight from all of the dates and junk food nights and beers and fun stuff. I started trying REALLY hard to lose weight in 2010 when I came home from college weighing 190 at 20 years old. I used SparkPeople religiously and worked out about an hour a day every day. I quickly got down to 160 and was so confident and comfortable in my own skin for the first time in a long time.

Then...50 Shades of Grey came out! I know what you're thinking. "How is that even relevent?" Well....read the first book..and by the time I got to the third one came out I found out I was pregnant. I guess we were...inspired. LMAO! I fell off the wagon hard being pregnant. I was way too comfortable in the "eating for two" pattern. The day I delivered my son I weighed 222. After having the baby, I got back down to 170 by his first birthday.

Then, I started a new desk job. Sitting all day, stress, having the access to a kitchen with free snacks all day, it's just snowballed. This morning I weigh 220. 2 pounds from what I weighed at 9 months pregnant. The madness has got to end. I am getting married to my high school sweetheart next June and REALLY want to be able to shop for wedding dresses and not want to cry looking at myself in the mirror. I really want to make a lifestyle change. I want to end the "sick and tired" feeling that plagues me everyday. Me and my maid of honor are doing this together, and I think we are going to be successful. I just wanted to introduce myself and spill my story and maybe gain a few "accountabl-a-buddies" to help! I really want to get down to either a size 8/10 or 160-170 by my wedding. Cheers to the journey!