HELLLLLLPPPP...

Options
PaisleyLotus
PaisleyLotus Posts: 60 Member
I'm in DESPERATE need of inspiration...PHOTOS and STORIES would be FANTASTIC! Anything would be nice! I've found myself stuck in a rut. I would love to know what to do or how to push past the rut you hit after a few weeks of MAJOR motivation? I'm sure i'm not the only one that is or has gone through this. It's like I will feel fantastic while doing the workouts and eating right, then SMACK all of a sudden I get this "Oh just one piece or one day of no work out will be okay"...which leads to a complete HALT. I'm so frustrated with myself. I know that I am the ONLY one that can make myself do this. But I'm sure all of you that have made it past the "rut" stage may have some insightful info on what to do! This is my first time requesting help from any of you on the message board. So anything you say would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all of you WONDERFUL and inspiring MFPal's!!!!! XOXOXOXO

Replies

• sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This is probably the most inspirational thing I have seen on here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/248615-before-during-130-pounds-lost
  • PaisleyLotus
    PaisleyLotus Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love you! XOXOX You are such an inspiration!!!! HUGS!
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! There is no magic answer, motivation comes from within - you have to keep reminding yourself why you want to reach your goals. I have lost 44 pounds, over 8 months.... had I been perfect and on track every single day I probably could have lost that in 5 months! But I am human, and so are you. For me a pretty standard month looks like this: Super motivated for 7 days, then take a day off...which turns into 4 more days off. Then I feel bad about myself and get back into it and will work out for 2 days, take one day off, work out for 2 days take one day off. I've kind of found my rhythm and I do get discouraged at time, but motivated so much more of the time. But I remember that I WANT to be 140 pounds and look my best. So even if I forget my goals on my slip up days, I always know it in the back of my mind and pick up again the next day. Sometimes that ice cream sundae looks way better than a goal that is still so far away. What is important is the big picture - out of 8 months what percentage was I making well rounded choices? Well probably 75%! And for me, that is 75% better than I used to be when i gained all this weight! Even if the weight isn't falling off every week, remember each healthy choice you make is a success that is getting you to your end goal - which is for LIFE! What next choice are you going to make today that you wouldn't have even dreamed of when you were at rock bottom?
  • pbolton16
    pbolton16 Posts: 87
    Options
    The Rut stinks and it can happen anytime. I had a great week last week and this week blah!!!!!!! I know that if I do what I am supposed to do everyday with my exercise and diet that I will reach my goal. Just always remember your goal, hell put in on notes around your home or whatever. You can do it and the rut will pass!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!