I pledge alligiance to Wholewheat and nothing but Wholewheat :-)

Options
Jita1960
Jita1960 Posts: 10 Member
My name is Jita and I joined a short while ago and have spent a week getting used to the app and loving all the information that is to hand.

Would love a few friends to discuss ways forward when the challenging and low times occur.

I have changed my eating plan to have only Wholewheat and it has paid dividends so far.

I look forward to hearing from some friendly souls :smiley:

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What benefit does sticking to whole wheat have? Eating at a deficit is the only thing you need to stick to. Personally I prefer delicious crusty sourdough.... Or a traditional baguette. Or dark rye. Or squishy white sliced bread for PB&J
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Cue the gluten-free bandwagonners!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Sounds boring. Don't you eat meat, fish, vegetables, fruit, rice, dairy?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    keep in mind that whole wheat =/= whole grain. beyond that, I eat primarily whole grains when I have them...but not exclusively. I prefer regular pasta to whole grain pasta and a good sour dough rye is the best bread ever. I also live in New Mexico so tortillas are a big part of the culture, so I eat those too.
  • Jita1960
    Options
    Love the diverse comments :) Thanks for responding.

Just to clarify; I have had to change my food intake for health reasons to work in conjuction with stomach medication I need to take. This seems to work for me and my own issues but will definitely not suit everyone.

I love fresh fruit & veggies but fish is not high on my shopping list.

Cous Cous is my current favourite (which I can tolerate) as a substitute to the Wholewheat Pasta (this tends to sit a bit heavy)...... again this just what works for me.

• Jita1960
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    keep in mind that whole wheat =/= whole grain. beyond that, I eat primarily whole grains when I have them...but not exclusively. I prefer regular pasta to whole grain pasta and a good sour dough rye is the best bread ever. I also live in New Mexico so tortillas are a big part of the culture, so I eat those too.

I agree - some of the best bread I've ever tasted too (in the past )
  • Jita1960
    Options
    Sounds boring. Don't you eat meat, fish, vegetables, fruit, rice, dairy?

LOL..... well I do eat other stuff - I think the rest of the family would leave if there was only Wholewheat ;)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat takes longer to digest, which keeps the blood sugar more stable. It also keeps you satisfied longer. The fiber is useful.
  • Jita1960
    Options
    Jess0831 wrote: »
    Whole wheat is the way to go! Healthier choices are always better. Don't let anyone discourage you.

Thank you for your words. :)
  • Jita1960
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Whole wheat takes longer to digest, which keeps the blood sugar more stable. It also keeps you satisfied longer. The fiber is useful.

That's correct and for me, because of problems with medication, it keeps me balanced throughout the day. :)