Energy

Options
I need healthy energy "tricks" no Mountain Dew or Red Bull. I'm tired almost always. I was in a car accident a few months back so I'm in pain a lot too. Down to my ankle back and neck. I wanna get out there and feel good. Any tricks or knowledge you can share with me.

Replies

• savcannard
    savcannard Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was a caffeine junkie forever, but found quitting it was just like any addiction. First couple days feel horrible, but once I'm off of it for about a week, I feel more energized than when I'm on caffeine.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Food *is* energy. Calories are units of measurement for energy. Eat right, get sleep. Caffeine in soda and energy drinks are only stimulants.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    swimming might be nice as it is low impact. yoga as well

as for energy, I find the healthier I eat the more energy and the more even my energy is. but I also do not shun caffeine.
  • shortnurse1
    shortnurse1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My dad raises bees and says bee pollen or just straight organic honey will give you an energy boost. I give it to my kids (I know, like they need it!) but I have yet to try it myself. I need to, I am always tired too, but I just assumed it was stress, working full time, being in school and having two kids!