Just Curious!!

Options
Hi Guys!
I've recently started incorporating diet into my exercise regimen and I'm a month in now (v late considering when I started exercising) I'm just curious to see what other people have been doing to contribute to their success in weight loss so I can get some fresh ideas

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Eating at a calorie deficit. It's really all you need.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Yep, just a caloric deficit. Eat less than you burn. MFP will help you figure out how many calories will suit your needs - I'm going super cut at 1200 calories and exercising. Though I've been having trouble actually HITTING 1200 lately!
  • RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yup. Eat fewer calories than your body uses in a day. Simple as that.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    So your goal is weight loss and until a month ago you weren't focusing on diet?

You know your diet (as in food consumption as in calories) is 90% of the solution to being overweight and that you can't out exercise a bad diet...right? Right?

That said if you have fitness goals too you must eat appropriately to fuel your body

May I ask what your goals are exactly
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Kick boxing
    Walking
    Weights
    Eating at calorie deficit

That's about it.
    Still sit around on my computer for many hours, still eat "bad" foods in moderation.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Train hard with resistance training, HIIT cardio, and flexible dieting. Works every time.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

You know your diet (as in food consumption as in calories) is 90% of the solution to being overweight and that you can't out exercise a bad diet...right? Right?

She's right. 90%, if not more, of weight loss is about diet. Consuming fewer calories than you burn.

That said, I found something that really helps me in this regard: walking. Every morning, for 45-60 minutes, before I have breakfast. When I do this every day, when I am consistent with it, the fat burns off.

• belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    lean protein and vegetables every meal, omega oil fish, shrimp. a couple of fruits a day. limit processed foods and simple carbs. it's mostly what you eat. I try to do more calories during the day and cardio in the evening to reduce appetite and eat a smaller dinner. usually I have to do intervals with my calories, like 2 days of 1200 after exercise, then one day of 1500. cuz I get hungry.
  • noella01
    noella01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

That said if you have fitness goals too you must eat appropriately to fuel your body

May I ask what your goals are exactly

It's not that I completely ignored dieting, I know it's an 80/20 thing. I tried but time and time again I failed so I stopped for a while and now I'm starting back again and this time I plan to keep this going so I was just wondering what others do to keep motivation and how they go about their diet.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Edit: Post disappeared. All is right with the world.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i traded some "trashy" foods for fruit. what i call trashy would be chips, chee-tos, mac&cheese (in excess) cinnamon toast (OMG i can eat my weight in cinnamon toast!)
    i have been eating so much fruit and it has made me feel so much better about myself + it has so much fewer calories than the other foods i used to eat, so i can eat more of it! that is just one tip that i am using :smile:
  • noella01
    noella01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone who replied
  • ashtonladkins
    ashtonladkins Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Being prepared has been really helpful for me. I've always been good at meal planning, but I never really planned for the weekends, but I have been planning more for the weekends and I've been able to lose more consistently.

Also prepping healthy snacks to have throughout the day plays a big role in my success.

My motto has been to do the best I can on the days I can. Some days are really easy and I can stay below my deficit and get my workout in. Other days it just seems more difficult, but I still do my best. I try to avoid binges and using food as a reward.

Good luck!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more is my plan. I only occasionally "exercise" but this time of year I am pretty active with yard/garden work.