Cheat days!

Options
13»

Replies

• WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

This is why I have difficulty understanding what "cheating" is..."cheating" to me implies that you are doing something inherently wrong and I just don't view food that way.

i see what you're saying. so i call mine free days. it's really the same thing. it's just me allowing myself to eat something that i normally will not eat while trying to lose weight. if i consistently eat those foods that i eat on free days, then i'll be back to my starting weight in no time. but if i give-up those foods forever, then life doesn't seem worth living! LOL

• thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days. I do maintenance days. So I eat every calorie I'm allowed including exercise calories in preparation for when I hit my goal weight because that's what you have to do when you get there. Of course I'll be able to eat less as I get smaller but that's why I'm doing it now. To get used to the amount I can eat to maintain.
  • harmar21
    harmar21 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    my cheat meals are my birthday, christmas, thanksgiving, and easter. Now I still eat pizza and whatnot on weekends, but it fits my calories.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Saturday and Sunday are generally my "treat days", I guess. At the beginning of my ~weight loss journey~, if you will, I realised that eating at a calorie deficit would be tougher for me on the weekend, so I decided to just go with it - if there were any treats that I wanted, I put them off til the weekend, and ate a bit lighter throughout the week to compensate. This worked really well for me, because I didn't obsess over what I was craving because I knew I'd get it in a few days, and sometimes I had forgotten about it by then anyway. Now that I'm more or less in maintenance, I still use this strategy. Honestly, I would never have had even a fraction of the success I have without this strategy. It keeps me from overindulging and allows me to practice moderation in my diet. Nearly 200 lbs lost, and I've never felt like my diet is restricted.
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you wanna call a cheatday. Everyday is one for me. Ice cream, chocolat,e crisps/chips, popcorn. Whatever I feel like. Just usually within my calorie limit, or a little above if i've been particularly active.

Although usually on Fridays and/or Saturdays, I will eat less of my "normal daily food", to have more calories to be greedy with chocolate or whatever else. Rather than just having little bits. Haha
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I have my cheat day on Saturday after 6:30am weigh in, and I pretty much eat what ever I want last Saturday was sushi and a big dinner.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    i have been actively losing for a month and i will be having my first cheat day tomorrow. when i was losing my weight last time (long story why i gained it back...) i would have one "free day" per month. i wouldn't log anything, and i would eat anything and everything in sight. chili dogs, french fries, donuts, etc.

so tomorrow is my day. then friday i will start hitting it strong again and won't have another free day until end july. for me, the reason i do it is because it allows me to stay stronger during the days when i crave really trashy foods. i am not a moderation type person. meaning: i can't have a bite of a donut or a small amount of cake. i eat it all! LOL so, if i have one day per month that i know i can eat anything, then it's easier the other 29 days to stick to my calorie goal intake, knowing that i have a day when it will all be worth it.

it worked last time, i lost 60 lbs, so i am going to do the same thing this time. :smile:

If that works for you, no problem. I'd perhaps suggest logging it all anyways so that way you are aware of what you're eating. Knowledge is power!
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    i have been actively losing for a month and i will be having my first cheat day tomorrow. when i was losing my weight last time (long story why i gained it back...) i would have one "free day" per month. i wouldn't log anything, and i would eat anything and everything in sight. chili dogs, french fries, donuts, etc.

so tomorrow is my day. then friday i will start hitting it strong again and won't have another free day until end july. for me, the reason i do it is because it allows me to stay stronger during the days when i crave really trashy foods. i am not a moderation type person. meaning: i can't have a bite of a donut or a small amount of cake. i eat it all! LOL so, if i have one day per month that i know i can eat anything, then it's easier the other 29 days to stick to my calorie goal intake, knowing that i have a day when it will all be worth it.

it worked last time, i lost 60 lbs, so i am going to do the same thing this time. :smile:

If that works for you, no problem. I'd perhaps suggest logging it all anyways so that way you are aware of what you're eating. Knowledge is power!

i will log everything today - might be interesting to see calories. thx for the idea. scary thought though! LOL

***ETA just logged for today, my "off day" over 3300 calories. so that is 2.75 days' worth of eating in one day! aye aye aye! :wink:

• blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options

i will log everything today - might be interesting to see calories. thx for the idea. scary thought though! LOL

***ETA just logged for today, my "off day" over 3300 calories. so that is 2.75 days' worth of eating in one day! aye aye aye! :wink:

Haha, scary idea but I think it's a good way to keep things into perspective. At least now you KNOW that your "off day" was that amount and what kind of macros it gives you. Knowing is good. :) I find that it helps down the line when making decisions about what to eat as well on regular days too. I just find it very interesting to see all types of meals logged. Congrats on LOGGING it :)
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days or cheat meals. But I do eat a lot on the weekends. But that's just my normal diet. I don't get "cheating."