Ready to get serious - looking for an MFP buddy

Options
I've been using MFP in and off for years, but more over curiosity rather than as a tool for weight loss, but I'm FINALLY ready to get serious and was hoping to find a buddy with similar goals so we can motivate each other?

I'm 26 years old, 5'9, currently weigh about 189lbs. Initially my first goal is to get to around 152lbs (never been below 154lbs since a kid so definitely my first goal!). After this I'd like to get down to about 145ish and really tone up.

I eat a healthy diet but I do have the odd 'lazy can't be bothered to cook so let's order' moments. Mainly I want to focus on exercise but always seem to convince myself that other things need doing and that I'll do the exercise after, which then never happens... I want to start running, can only run about 2 mins without my chest exploding but I have signed up to a 5k in October as motivation, so I will be planning to run about 3-5 times a week.

Most of my weight is around my hips and thighs so I'm also planning to do any exercises to budge these!

And lastly, live in Basingstoke in Hampshire.

Anyone similar that wants to buddy up? I haven't figured out how to add anyone yet so feel free to add me!

Replies

• Drummergirl89
    Drummergirl89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kaitlyn! I do have almost similar goals to you. So I would love to help support and motivate you! Sent you a friend request.
  • FitWithVic
    FitWithVic Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Our goals are not similar but I will say if you're serious open up your food diary :)
  • avandeveen34
    avandeveen34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We can almost be considered twins! I'm 25 5'9 and 186 lbs. I've really started focusing on logging all my food day to day and finally yesterday ran/walked 1 mile in 12 minutes.. Doesn't seem like a lot but it was a huge milestone for me! I carry my weight in my mid section to thighs as well. My goal weight right now is 160. Once I get to that point I want to see where I am at and go from there to decide if I want to continue losing weight at that point or tone up more!

I would definitely love to buddy up! I am in North Dakota
  • loralye211
    loralye211 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm going to request you. I think we have some things in common.

29, 5'2", I live in New York, and currently weigh 152 lbs. May 2014 I weighed 210 lbs and decided enough was enough. NO way I was entering my 30's like that.

So first I started only eating when I was actually hungry; not because I was bored, wanted a snack while watching TV, eating purely for taste, etc etc. I constantly have to remind myself that if I pass on some yummy/delicious/sugary/fatty food now, it won't be the last time I ever get the chance to have it again. And I grew up with a great grandma who still had vivid memories of the great depression, so wasting food was not an option and eating more was encouraged.

Then I made the biggest change: my sleep schedule. Instead of going to bed around midnight and getting out of bed at the last second in the morning, I started going to bed between 9 and 10 and waking up around 5:30.

Waking up early has given me the time in the day to get exercise. I've never thought I could run, I never really wanted to either, but I own a treadmill, so it made sense to go that route.

I'm pretty active on MFP and would love to buddy up! I'll send you a request in a minute. I just have to remember how to add friends ;-)
  • mari88z
    mari88z Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We also have a lot in common

26 years old, 5'3, weighing at 180. I live in Texas. I've lost weight before but gained it back, lost about 20lbs. I want to do this as a lifestyle change not just to lose the weight and pack it back on. I would also like to get to 145ish and tone up. Right now I want to just focus on getting below the 160's.

I also get into the mentality to just grab food on the go, but the feeling after eating unhealthy food is just draining at times. When I eat healthy I feel good. I also need to get on an exercising schedule and stick to it. The beginning of this year I wanted to join a 5k that is in September. This would be my first 5k if I still decide to join. I've starting back on the treadmill for now I'm walking but building up to run/walk.

My weight is also mostly on my hips and thighs. My other area I would like see changes in would be my upper arms.

• pollymcb
    pollymcb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm trying to get serious too!
    I'm 34 in Edinburgh and 154lbs looking to get toned and strong with exercise! Like you, I generally eat well, but with ocassional lazy moments (or chocolate cravings!)

I'm trying to start logging in every day and looking for some motivation/competition to get myself moving more. It's hips and thighs for me too. I'm into swimming at the moment, but interested in other ideas!

Hope you accept my request!
  • kattbuckland
    kattbuckland Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kaitlyn! I do have almost similar goals to you. So I would love to help support and motivate you! Sent you a friend request.

Yay! Accepted x
    We can almost be considered twins! I'm 25 5'9 and 186 lbs. I've really started focusing on logging all my food day to day and finally yesterday ran/walked 1 mile in 12 minutes.. Doesn't seem like a lot but it was a huge milestone for me! I carry my weight in my mid section to thighs as well. My goal weight right now is 160. Once I get to that point I want to see where I am at and go from there to decide if I want to continue losing weight at that point or tone up more!

I would definitely love to buddy up! I am in North Dakota

Ah you sound EXACTLY like me! I think I've found my twin! And seriously the running does sound like a huge goal - I haven't even got to a mile yet so you should be proud of that. Just accepted your request, we definitely need to make sure we motivate each other as I'm pretty sure you're the American version of me x
  • madie272
    madie272 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm 29, I'm 197lbs and 5ft5 I've messed about with slimming world, ww, pills, shakes. I know how to loose weight, I just need to get on it!

I'd love to be friends either any of you (or all!)

I'd like to get down to 10st- 10st7 so I've got my work cut out for me but I know it can be done!

I've opened up my food diary to friends so am ready to get on it! I also want to run, I've done a bit in the past but I'd like to get more serious I also salsa for fun but I just feel too heavy to be graceful also it right now!

Anyway. I'd love some friends on here :) I'm in kent, UK